Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs - Sat 5th Feb 8pm

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
After Paul Barber said that ITV refused to budge on the late kick off, I had assumed that this was so that they could fit the Masked Singer and Ant and Dec around a live football match., but no - its on ITV4.

It seems that the scheduling, that will disrupt loads of travelling fans and actually contributed to the club not taking its full allocation, was to allow them to fit in another screening of 'Force Ten From Navarone', Not even the bloody 'Guns of Navarone', but the seventies sequel without David Niven! They are utterly shameless in their disregard for people attending live football.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
After Paul Barber said that ITV refused to budge on the late kick off, I had assumed that this was so that they could fit the Masked Singer and Ant and Dec around a live football match., but no - its on ITV4.

It seems that the scheduling, that will disrupt loads of travelling fans and actually contributed to the club not taking its full allocation, was to allow them to fit in another screening of 'Force Ten From Navarone', Not even the bloody 'Guns of Navarone', but the seventies sequel without David Niven! They are utterly shameless in their disregard for people attending live football.

There's a team of folk at ITV - schedulers, ad planners etc - who are literally paid to maximise the potential of (ad revenue from) their FA Cup deal.

The reality is, they have no reason at all to consider that their scheduling might inconvenience a few thousand fans.

I would blame FA's TV deal negotiators who, as Barber revealed, put clubs in a position where they can't veto KO times.

Then again, their job is to maximise revenue too...

It's a funny old game.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's a team of folk at ITV - schedulers, ad planners etc - who are literally paid to maximise the potential of (ad revenue from) their FA Cup deal.

The reality is, they have no reason at all to consider that their scheduling might inconvenience a few thousand fans.

I would blame FA's TV deal negotiators who, as Barber revealed, put clubs in a position where they can't veto KO times.

Then again, their job is to maximise revenue too...

It's a funny old game.

They do have to consider fans and clubs to an extent because the police might block it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
THREE tickets available on the site, btw...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I was told that it was because of the Rugger. Rupert and JockMcNoearlobes KO at 16:45 on BBC and they didn't want to clash sport across the 2 channels given the sharing of the FA cup on free to air. That's why we have trudge to the arse end of London for 20:00.

Fortunately, I can catch a bit of Force Ten prior to KO.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Don't want to overstate their fan duty of care here but Time of Day and available public transport are one of them.

Yes, yes, but police don't care about, for example, what time fans get to bed. Or if it's a school night.

Sussex Police didn't block the Boxing Day game at The Amex, and there was no public transport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here