Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs - Sat 5th Feb 8pm

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Massive miscalculation from the club. With 500 people queuing before 9am this morning and just 300-400 tickets available then assuming the average purchase is 2 tickets per person (I suspect it would be higher) that's 600-700 tickets sale lost just from the people who were queuing.

A lot of the people that would have bought tickets 5,700 - 9,000 are non-STHs who don't get much opportunity to see the Albion away or visit a top stadium like the new Spurs stadium. Those fans have been let down. Given what the fans did for this club to keep it alive in the dark days I still think we're in credit here, so the club should have taken the 9,000 and if you don't sell 500-1,000 of them then then tough shit. The fact it's the Spurs stadium will add 2,000 sales on, regardless of the k/o time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Quite astonishing. Good grief. I didn't think for a minute that they were not going to sell the upper tier.

So we sold 5,700 in pretty quick time but yet they didn't think they would sell another 3,300. Gobsmacked. And like others have said, what poor communication to not say this before they'd already sold out the 5,700.

I got mine in the middle tier, so I'm alright Jack, but feel sorry for others. We could easily have sold the full 9,000 once this open to the full membership. Bizarre.

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
Really, really disappointed ........particularly as the club could have avoided this with some simple communication. We have three season tickets but held on until today so that my wife (Albion + Member) could come and we could take advantage of the family ticket. Logged on in my lunch hour to make the purchase - gutted. The Albion knew how many tickets we had so why did they indicate that we may have up to 9,000. If I'd known, I'd have obviously secured our 3 tickets as soon as they went on sale. Poor.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I think this should put pay to the notion that blacked out blocks are yet to be released as many have assumed in this thread.

See you there!

For some time now it has been the case that blacked out blocks may or may not be released . In this instance it would appear that the sales screen was set up to show the 9000 we could have taken but , as the club quite rightly point out in their communication , with the FA rules insisting on full payment for seats taken they opted to take 5700 , which bearing in mind the shit kick off time , travel problems and match being televised i have to say i find hard to argue with .
It would also seem that realising the allocation was indeed going to sell out they went back to spuds to ask for more only to find that as the seats in question had some season ticket holders in them and were now on sale to home fans they were turned down .
It is now a matter of speculation as to whether if the club had committed to the full 9000 how many more would have sold to our fans and how many they would have been left with having paid for upfront . Either way i am still pleased we will have a good chunk of support and fervently hope for a positive result in a competition that although has been devalued in recent years i still have a love for .

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Important information for some North Stand Season Ticket Holders

From Spurs website - they are lying to us ?????

Due to the increased allocation given to the away team for FA Cup fixtures, Season Ticket Holders who sit in blocks 420-424 and a small number in blocks 112, 419 and 515-519 who purchased a ‘Premier League Only’ Season Ticket will need to purchase an alternative ticket for this fixture from 3pm on Wednesday 19 January. All those impacted by this will be contacted directly by email in the coming days.

One Hotspur Members, including access members, will have tickets made available to them, from 10am on Thursday 20 January.

Executive Members and 1882 Season Ticket Holders are reminded that this fixture is included in your seasonal package, and you do not need to purchase a ticket.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Does it? They state up to and crucially it does not actually confirm the allocation purchased, which is the whole issue here.

Or you could quote my full post, which already answers your point:

They then released even the existing allocation in dribs and drabs, giving the impression that more tickets would become available as and when those were sold.

I could have bought my ticket on Friday, but I was waiting so I could sit with my non-STH brother. With 'only' 5700 of the 9000 sold, at no point did the club give the impression that I should hurry up and buy if I wanted one.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I agree that this has been very poorly communicated. None of the communications messages suggested that there was a time-limited factor on the decision to buy more than 5700. I know the Club will have wanted to be sure about demand, but some clarity on the decision making timelines/criteria would have helped and avoided a whole load of frustration. I write as a fortunate one who has secured a ticket with a group of mates (STH) . Can understand the frustration of those missing out as things stand. Maybe Spurs will find that they can't sell their tickets (Not the most attractive of ties for them etc.) and we might get the option for more?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Does it? They state up to and crucially it does not actually confirm the allocation purchased, which is the whole issue here.

By using the 9,000 figure in the quote the inference is clearly we can get 9,000 if we need them. No mention of only 5,700 first come, first served.

I suspect there will be a lot of parents and kids disappointed with this news. It's a very dangerous thing for the club to be sticking within the safe STH bubble and - quite frankly - it's all a bit tin pot. I suspect clubs below us that we like to deride like Leeds and Newcastle would have taken the 9,000 without a moments thought, and they are further away than Brighton.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Silly to even suggest 9,000 though considering what has been communicated by the club (via Richie Mills (I don't know how to embed a tweet)) saying that they had to decide up front, if they had to decide upfront then surely there was never a chance that 9,000 were going to be available, to us as they had already decided. It could have easily been communicated over the weekend that this was the case, as well as the ticketing website having 6 further blacked out blocks. All very misleading, the only thing I can think is that maybe the club stated we only want 5,700 for now, and this morning when they've come back for more, Spurs have said no we aren't giving them to you, FA rules.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
By using the 9,000 figure in the quote the inference is clearly we can get 9,000 if we need them. No mention of only 5,700 first come, first served.

I suspect there will be a lot of parents and kids disappointed with this news. It's a very dangerous thing for the club to be sticking within the safe STH bubble and - quite frankly - it's all a bit tin pot. I suspect clubs below us that we like to deride like Leeds and Newcastle would have taken the 9,000 without a moments thought, and they are further away than Brighton.

Firstly an 8pm KO on a Saturday...now this. What a complete bunch of arse. :rant::rant::censored:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West

Due to the increased allocation given to the away team for FA Cup fixtures, Season Ticket Holders who sit in blocks 420-424 and a small number in blocks 112, 419 and 515-519 who purchased a ‘Premier League Only’ Season Ticket will need to purchase an alternative ticket for this fixture from 3pm on Wednesday 19 January. All those impacted by this will be contacted directly by email in the coming days.

One Hotspur Members, including access members, will have tickets made available to them, from 10am on Thursday 20 January.

Executive Members and 1882 Season Ticket Holders are reminded that this fixture is included in your seasonal package, and you do not need to purchase a ticket.

Does this suggest possibly more tickets may go on sale on Thursday to Albion fans? Do Spurs need to move their own fans first before Albion can take further blocks?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Or you could quote my full post, which already answers your point:

Sympathise with you as many have assumed the club would take the full allocation but as we have seen with early season league fixtures these were wrong assumptions.

Ultimately the club should have confirmed the reduced allocation once they committed to the smaller purchase.

Maybe they can still increase the tickets? We're talking about something like £50k for the additional which isn't a huge amount for our current status.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I dont buy the clubs excuse around spurs not wanting to move STH one bit. I wish they'd just say 'we didnt want to be left with 2k unsold tickets so made the decision to only buy 5,700' which IMO is what happened. Feel for those that waited, they've been royally shafted here by really poor communication.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So reading between the lines it looks like the following has happened

Spurs- you can have both tiers up to 9k if you want them but as per FA rules you have to pay for them all whether you sell them or not

Albion - when’s the game

Spurs - 8pm on Saturday

Albion - I have just been on NSC and there is no way we are going to sell that many and besides the trains are a complete shit show we will just take 5700 for now

Spurs - no worries

Albion - sorry it seems our fans are interested as we have shifted all the 5700

Spurs - sorry we have started selling those seats and remember you didn’t take them up at the beginning when you had the chance

Albion - no problem we will just tell everyone we only intended to sell 5700 and the rest is your fault

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The fact that it's on TV makes it less 'essential' and the train situation is tricky, but these factors are EASILY offset by the price of tickets, the family ticket deal and the appeal of the stadium.

So not taking the 9000 tickets is daft (but vaguely understandable, I guess).

The comms has been truly terrible though. No reason why the club couldn't have been fully transparent last week.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Without seeing the date that this was released it would appear to me that this was issued as a general warning to spurs fans who may have been affected depending on whether we took the full allocation or not . i would point out the line that says " all those impacted will be contacted in coming days " . So playing devils advocate i would suggest that as we decided not to take the upper tiers those fans were not contacted and when we went back to ask for more spurs were reluctant to then contact them so turned us down .
However this is pure speculation on my part and may subsequently be proved incorrect !
The only thing i think we can all agree on is that the club should have indeed been more upfront with what they had committed to and i am sure they like myself were surprised at the rapidity and quantity of sales .

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Just cancelled my 2 coach seats as bought those on the assumption that with 9000 tickets available it wouldn’t be a problem, how wrong I was, I never expected the club to cave in and go for a low number of tickets. As alluded to on here a few times, a major cock up by the Albion on this one.
Grateful to seagulls travel for refund on coach tickets.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just cancelled my 2 coach seats as bought those on the assumption that with 9000 tickets available it wouldn’t be a problem, how wrong I was, I never expected the club to cave in and go for a low number of tickets. As alluded to on here a few times, a major cock up by the Albion on this one.
Grateful to seagulls travel for refund on coach tickets.

Where were you travelling from, just in case anyone who actual has tickets needs coach travel?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here