Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs - Sat 5th Feb 8pm

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
The extra £80k outlay would of been back in the bank by Friday..Sake!

And come to think of it - as it’s a cup game the gate receipts will be shared anyway - so if anything it wouldn’t cost the club money in the long run as we will be getting a cut of 50k? Tickets sold across the stadium?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Although I nearly fell into the trap, was gonna hold out for four tickets for a fifty in the more general sale but chickened out and just bought one for me and the boy, I’ve given up going to aways these days despite being a regular on the road during the 80s, 90s and 00s, however I’m up on the deal here as previously I thought away travel had become a bit of a closed shop but now, due to this thread, know the process is relatively easy and have also learned on here that matches (such as West ‘am) ARE available to low point ST holders like myself.

PS and just for the purposes of survey, it was also my understanding from the club that 9000 tickets were available.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Glass half empty- we would have sold at least 2000 more at a decent guess, so prob risking £25k, or a few days of a senior players' wages?

And the extra support driving us on, plus fans going who rarely get tickets to big games/grounds, potential season ticket holders of the future when I think I read waiting list currently non existent?

Yep a perplexing decision!
Actively stopping fans going to their team in probably the best stadium in the world which also happens to be just up the road is well just plain ****ing stupid.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Actively stopping fans going to their team in probably the best stadium in the world which also happens to be just up the road is well just plain ****ing stupid.

And the important thing is NEVER to learn from the same mistake.

A Brighton v Palace cup final and we’d probably ask for no more than 5k…:facepalm:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

A Brighton v Palace cup final and we’d probably ask for no more than 5k…:facepalm:
Also Albion fans snapped up Man City spares as well as our allocation in the semi final :facepalm: Barbs likes his safe few thousand ST mega loyalty pointers other fans are obviously all going to make a nuisance of themselves trying to sneak in flasks and bottle tops :D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Not when it’s moved to 9pm on the Sunday night to serve some foreign market.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I wasn't going to go so I can't say I am personally disappointed but feel for those fans who would have gone but can't it certainly worth a trip even it is only to see those strange things in the bottom of your plastic pint glass.

I really don't understand why the club can run a pre-booking system , you commit to a ticket early and then the club knows how many it will need before the opposition actually puts them out for sale. Agreed that time scales were tight in this case made tighter (if i read it correctly) by Spurs committing seats to their own fans that should be allocated or at least offered to the away team.

What do we do for the cup games , move our home support?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sharing season tickets has been done to death. You might not like it, it might not suit you but it’s illegal.

I managed to enjoy the Brentford match without shopping.

I’m sure Friday’s policing is being discussed and reviewed, without NSCs input
What do you mean illegal??? It’s just policy we have and other clubs don’t have.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Sharing season tickets has been done to death. You might not like it, it might not suit you but it’s illegal.

I managed to enjoy the Brentford match without shopping.

I’m sure Friday’s policing is being discussed and reviewed, without NSCs input

Nothing illegal about it though is there so clearly it needs doing some more so the thickos at the back can understand the basic facts

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I wasn't going to go so I can't say I am personally disappointed but feel for those fans who would have gone but can't it certainly worth a trip even it is only to see those strange things in the bottom of your plastic pint glass.

I really don't understand why the club can run a pre-booking system , you commit to a ticket early and then the club knows how many it will need before the opposition actually puts them out for sale. Agreed that time scales were tight in this case made tighter (if i read it correctly) by Spurs committing seats to their own fans that should be allocated or at least offered to the away team.

What do we do for the cup games , move our home support?

No-one gets moved. There are just fewer general sale tickets in the South stand.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So why do you think they are so intent on doing this? Do you think they sit around the table and vote on what to do next to annoy the fans? Or perhaps TB dictates that this must happen.

Let’s give the club a chance to respond to some well constructed questions at the Fans Forum.

So why are they doing it, in your opinion ? At best it looks like really poor organization to announce one day we can take 9000 tickets then a couple of days later announce a 5700 sell out. Personally I didn’t think this would sell but it has and the club didn’t give it a chance.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This could be as simple as we took the initial 5700 went back for the remainder but Spurs have sold better than expected so are no longer available.

There are a lot of ‘the club should have taken 9k upfront’ comments which in hindsight might look like a good idea but let’s be honest that was not the picture being painted on here when the fixture was announced. So I can forgive the club for not jumping on 9k tickets as like most of us we thought this one was going to be tricky with the combination of trains, KO time and TV.

Seems like the demand has caught us all out

The club have to state the full allocation offered otherwise we would all be on here moaning why they are only saying 5700 are available when we are allowed a lot more tickets.

One thing we can all agree on is the the comms could have been better on this in regard to only purchasing the 5700 initially but again that depends on what has happened behind the scenes.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So why are they doing it, in your opinion ? At best it looks like really poor organization to announce one day we can take 9000 tickets then a couple of days later announce a 5700 sell out. Personally I didn’t think this would sell but it has and the club didn’t give it a chance.
The club have a habit of doing this now. Very tight. Suspect the few pennies that the club might lose would come out of employees bonus packets. And secondly barber would not want to lose face with his old mates at spurs if we left empty seats.

Communication woeful as others have said.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
For context, in a ground which holds 62.5k, there was a 40k attendance in the last round. The fact people can't get a ticket in a ground that could be 2/3rds full is piss poor co-ordination between the 2 clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here