Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs, Champions League

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Amazing 2 nights viewing

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some of the comments on page 1-2 :lol: people just don’t learn do they!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Well that was dramatic I had given up on Spurs when they went 2-0 down but the never say die attitude! we just witnessed two incredible comeback games it's a hard call which of the two was the best

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In one way that was incredible. In another it wasn’t even the best game in this season’s competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Their naivety/youth, or the Ajax way, prevented them shutting up shop. With the tie almost won at HT, Ajax spent the entire second half attacking in large numbers. Leaving huge gaps for Moura and Rose to exploit.

Once they conceded the first goal they didn't know how to take the sting out of the game. I definitely think their inexperience went against them tonight.

Great 2nd half from Spurs though, they were attacking in waves like Liverpool did.

Can't wait for the final!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Well that was dramatic I had given up on Spurs when they went 2-0 down but the never say die attitude! we just witnessed two incredible comeback games it's a hard call which of the two was the best

Liverpool, just.
Even though they were at home, to come back from 3-0 down and score 4 against Barcelona was crazy.
And it was a complete top drawer performance by every Liverpool player.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wow, I thought I saw it all last night, what brilliant entertainment. Aren't we lucky to love this game that throws up so much drama.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Quarter of an hour gone, already one down. Ajax passing the ball around beautifully.

It's not going to be an all English Final, is it?

Replying to my OP, never assume anything in this year's Champions League.

So glad that I decided to watch the football this week.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Once they conceded the first goal they didn't know how to take the sting out of the game. I definitely think their inexperience went against them tonight.

Great 2nd half from Spurs though, they were attacking in waves like Liverpool did.

Can't wait for the final!

We kept noticing that after each Ajax foray forward, they left 4 knackered players up field, whilst virtually the entire Spurs outfield 10 pressed to the other end. In the end their luck ran out.

De Ligt and a few others will now join Barca and their like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here