Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springsteen Cancels North Carolina Show

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I don't much care what they do in N. Carolina , there are far worse things happening in the world. As a music fan I think it is terrible that he cancels at short notice.
Have a thought for his fans who have made all arrangements to be there, spent a King's ransom on a ticket plus travel and likely hotel bookings....to disappoint like that on a point of principle is disrespecting them
He is an ageing star who once made some good records . He should be loyal to his loyal fans . If I were a fan, that would finish me.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Good work Boss. I'm no fan of his music but it's worked, we're all talking about it. I love how some people are saying it's the Left, It's as if they're saying the Right don't care about anyone who doesn't feel and think exactly the same way as them.
Until they meet them and find out they're just like them.
Stop being scared, embrace diversity because that's what the human race is, you'll probably enjoy it more.

Gender is so last century.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I don't much care what they do in N. Carolina , there are far worse things happening in the world. As a music fan I think it is terrible that he cancels at short notice.
Have a thought for his fans who have made all arrangements to be there, spent a King's ransom on a ticket plus travel and likely hotel bookings....to disappoint like that on a point of principle is disrespecting them
He is an ageing star who once made some good records . He should be loyal to his loyal fans . If I were a fan, that would finish me.

Now that point I do have sympathy with.Heaven help him if he does that in June at Wembley!

However, and as WS eludes to, in the middle of election season, Bruce clearly feels the need to make his point and his very, very loyal fans are the colateral damage.Believe me he of all people wouldnt have taken that decision lightly.Hopefully he might consider some kind of compensation package for those who can prove they have spent money on travel/accomm.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Good work Boss. I'm no fan of his music but it's worked, we're all talking about it. I love how some people are saying it's the Left, It's as if they're saying the Right don't care about anyone who doesn't feel and think exactly the same way as them.
Until they meet them and find out they're just like them.
Stop being scared, embrace diversity because that's what the human race is, you'll probably enjoy it more.

Gender is so last century.

Spot on! Second most popular news item on BBC News website at present!

This ignorant fear of a non existent threat leaves me a little depressed that there is still so much more work to be done!

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Surely it would have been better to do the show, ask fans to turn up with rainbow flags and then to thoroughly denounce bigotry from the stage? I'm guessing the majority of people that booked to see him would be of a like mindset to him, so why punish them?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Surely it would have been better to do the show, ask fans to turn up with rainbow flags and then to thoroughly denounce bigotry from the stage? I'm guessing the majority of people that booked to see him would be of a like mindset to him, so why punish them?

Because it wouldn't have created 5 pages on NSC or be trending worldwide!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The world is going ****ing batshit crazy with all this crap. Up next Otherkin will be the next group of idiots wanting recognition by law.

So do you think that an employee should have the right to sack someone because they are gay ? That is part of his protest.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Typical leftist claptrap. Why doesn't he protest about something that really matters? Well done North Carolina. Hopefully the state also has a ban on gay couples adopting children and on gay couples getting married.

A few questions:

Do you think an employee should be able to sack someone because they are gay ? (part of the legislation)

Why do you feel that gay couples shouldn't be allowed to marry ?

A friend of mine and his same sex partner adopted a child a while back who is happy and doing very well. Should they hand the child back to social services ?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
A few questions:

Do you think an employee should be able to sack someone because they are gay ? (part of the legislation)

Why do you feel that gay couples shouldn't be allowed to marry ?

A friend of mine and his same sex partner adopted a child a while back who is happy and doing very well. Should they hand the child back to social services ?

Don't bite, he's just being the usual fu****. The Donald Trump of NSC

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Typical leftist claptrap. Why doesn't he protest about something that really matters? Well done North Carolina. Hopefully the state also has a ban on gay couples adopting children and on gay couples getting married.

and there was me thinking all the dinosaurs were gone a long time ago
hardly leftist claptrap....................................so there are no tory gays then .....................wake up smell the coffee

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Is Brucie really that bothered or as like most attention/publicity seeking pop stars was he looking for the worldwide attention he probably needs
and knew he would get in order to sell more records/tickets.

Does he really have so little regard for his fans that he would let down so many who were expecting to see him in NC.

Seriously this guy is a ****.He could have gone ahead with the concert but expressed his disaproval if it so bothers him.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Is Brucie really that bothered or as like most attention/publicity seeking pop stars was he looking for the worldwide attention he probably needs

Does he really have so little regard for his fans that he would let down so many who were expecting to see him in NC.

Seriously this guy is a ****.He could have gone ahead with the concert but expressed his disaproval if it so bothers him.

Now I know you're on a wind up ! It's not just Bruce standing up to bigotry - Paypal have pulled 400 new jobs planned for the state. So diddums, his fans miss out - I think standing up for a moral issue is far more important than some over priced concert.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Now I know you're on a wind up ! It's not just Bruce standing up to bigotry - Paypal have pulled 400 new jobs planned for the state. So diddums, his fans miss out - I think standing up for a moral issue is far more important than some over priced concert.

So if I don't agree with you then I must be on a wind up?Really?

It's irrelevant who else has acted against NC.Popstars are popstars and most of what they do is for self promotion.

As I said,he could have aired his views and not let down his loyal fans but that just wouldn't
get so much attention would it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

As he said, some things are more important than a rock and roll show. And if you have been inconvenienced by this cancellation just take a breath and think how the LGBT community are being inconvenienced by this backward legislation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So if I don't agree with you then I must be on a wind up?Really?

It's irrelevant who else has acted against NC.Popstars are popstars and most of what they do is for self promotion.

As I said,he could have aired his views and not let down his loyal fans but that just wouldn't
get so much attention would it.

I wouldn't call Bruce Springsteen a pop star myself, but music is about opinions I guess.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Yeah because Bruce Springsteen really struggles to sell tickets. :ffsparr:

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Seems that the state of Mississippi has gone down a discriminatory route too by allowing businesses to put up notices refusing custom to LGBT people and other laws, which is disgusting, in my opinion. Yet another example of Christian fundamentalist bigotry and hatred. Complete bunch of retards.

hi52f53e80.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here