Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sportsman Pub Carvery

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Considering having one for the first time ever on Saturday.

How good are they?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good value

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Value for money choice of Gammon Turkey or Beef or any combination of 2 or all 3.

The downside is the choice of vegetables isnt brilliant usually Onions.Peas, Sweet Corn, Carrotts Caulifower with roast potatoes and sometimes new but not always plus Yorkie and stuffing balls but for £3.69 it is VFM and cheaper than Burger and Chips in the ground.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
If you enjoy a really nice roast dinner it's fantastic value for money. You can pile up your plate and the food's pretty good for the money.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mind you, I wouldn't go NEAR the place on a matchday Saturday. Unless you don't mind queuing 11-deep for 20 minutes for a pint.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well....it's FA Cup first round, and we were going to go earlyish. Shouldn't get busy til around 2pm, should it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who the f*** goes for a meal before a match anyway? Either a fat cunt or a boring cunt. Or both.

Eh? You've never eaten food on the day of a match? Bizarre.

I love it - only on NSC can you be abused for doing literally ANYTHING. I reckon one day someone will come on here saying they've just saved a little puppy's life, and will be called a c*nt within 3 posts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have not been in there pre match but am told that it gets busy early.

This place is quite amusing as it is against the law to have consumed alcohol before entering a sports arena so my sons were told by local OB at Crewe after they had cleared up on the pool table in a boozer there.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And also considering what you pay in the ground just next door...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Very good value for money. Think I got there at about 1.30 when I ate on a matchday and don't remember queueing at all.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
On a matchday (league) i sometimes get there around 1.30, and you don't have to queue for too long at all. I like the food, personally.

As for the poster who just called me a boring cun* for wanting to eat before a football game, what a tool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here