Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sponsored kids walk. Kids wanting money before the walk?!!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Absolutely.

Well, no, not absolutely.
I have no problem giving money. When the sponsored walk is done. Of course it matters whether they do it or not. Otherwise really what is the point in bothering with a sponsor form or an event for that matter. I'll just post a few fivers to the school each term shall I? and ask them to distribute it randomly to any kid that feels like saying they are going to do a sponsored walk. I also don't think it does kids much good going door to door extracting fivers off people willy nilly, it doesn't really teach them the value of money, it says "If you just ask for money, having done nowt, you'll get it". It is wrong on so many levels.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well, no, not absolutely.
I have no problem giving money. When the sponsored walk is done. Of course it matters whether they do it or not. Otherwise really what is the point in bothering with a sponsor form or an event for that matter. I'll just post a few fivers to the school each term shall I? and ask them to distribute it randomly to any kid that feels like saying they are going to do a sponsored walk. I also don't think it does kids much good going door to door extracting fivers off people willy nilly, it doesn't really teach them the value of money, it says "If you just ask for money, having done nowt, you'll get it". It is wrong on so many levels.

I trust that you have severely castigated Mrs The Clamp for opening the door to the unexpected neighbour past 7 in the evening, The woman's clearly gone HEAD-MENTAL

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
...But Mrs The Clamp has no such regards and opened the door to the Neighbour and her perfectly delightful 8 year old daughter...

I also don't think it does kids much good going door to door extracting fivers off people willy nilly, it doesn't really teach them the value of money, it says "If you just ask for money, having done nowt, you'll get it". It is wrong on so many levels.

It was your neighbour and their 8 year old daughter!

I genuinely think you have lost all sense of perspective.

#prayforMrsClamp

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know it's a principle thing, but life is really too short to get annoyed by these trivialities. Just accept things, you'll live longer.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It was your neighbour and their 8 year old daughter!

I genuinely think you have lost all sense of perspective.

#prayforMrsClamp

I've put our house up for sale and commenced divorce proceedings. Some things just must not be tolerated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here