Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh I have another green bar now, infamy infamy

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just out of interest how does this reputation thing actually work ?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Just out of interest how does this reputation thing actually work ?

f*** nose, Beachy - but it's a Licence To Stalk for the nutjobs on here. I'm thinking of getting Interpol on the case (if they still exist). This is scary shit!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Like such to quote Herr Bozza:

It was something a few people requested on my "If you ran NSC, what would you do" thread, so I turned it on last night.

I'll give the specifics later, but in brief you click the star below someone's name and choose to give them positive or negative reputation if you feel their post warrants it.

The weight of what you give is based on many things such as length of time you've been registered, number of posts etc. In short - if you're a long-standing frequent user, it is deemed that your view is likely to hold more weight than someone who has recently joined.

So, for example I noticed last night that BoF currently has a 'reputation power' of 47, so if he votes on you, then you gain (or lose) 47 points. By contrast a new user (and complete newbies are not allowed to vote) will only give (or takeaway) 1 point.

The green pips are an indication of your reputation - obviously we've all only got 1 now as it's only just been turned on. The words, such as 'on a distinguished road' are the default vBulletin words - I'll probably Albion-ise them when I have time so they're more relevant.

Or, if it all turns out to be crap, I'll turn it off again.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Oi! TOES! Less of yer JIGGERY-POKERY! :tantrum:

I'm in such a state that I ain't got no jigger left to poke. I'm on that many pills for me nerves now I'm bloomin' well rattlin'! Is this what our forefathers planned after they'd kicked the backside of Harry Hun?! :angry:

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
I'm thinking of calling Samaritans. i've been called such nasty names. Some of them with more than 4 letters! I suggested to one person that we meet up to discuss his opinion that the British Army are baby killers etc but he didn't want to. The internet is a haven for chinless 9 stone weaklings to throw abuse without fear of reprisals & this site seems worse than most! Thankfully the vast majority of Brighton fans I meet are great people and nothing like some of the geeks who leave those negative reputation comments.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
And me! I have never been so INSULTED!

"Madam, you must have been." etc.

It would be very funny if there was a way of flicking a switch and showing WHO has left good or bad rep tho.

I am beyond insulted and have resorted to a second glass of wine to attend to my trembling nerves....simply SHOCKING!

Bozza has threatened to turn names on for a short period of time prior to canning the lot....he suggested that cider would help him decide this action....as such I'm think of investing in a delivery of a few cases to him....should make it all rather interesting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports