Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Poor misunderstood spiders

487508_569741769713505_781167456_n.jpg

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
You know if you catch a spider in your house and release it within 25m of your house it'll go straight back to where you found it, right?

What? F**ckers!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Spiders are fabulous, don't really get what people have against them. They look pretty cool and they help to keep the house clean.

edit: although I don't live in an area with the kickboxing spiders.

Only if you get the ones that never spin webs otherwise they make the house dirtier. I have nothing against almost any other insects, I have never been frightened by a Fly, Bees are usually inherently good and as such I will get them out of the house humanely.Wasps just want a ruck and will happily swing from side to side threateningly while you line up a good swing with a handy racket. Nothing else is as sneaky, hairy,overlegged and downright evil as a Spider.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
was outside smoking last night and saw this beast of a spider and took a photo. biggest i have ever seen wild in this country. only on later inspection of the photo's i took did i see the other adult in the crack of the brickwork and the baby just underneath the big one on the left. could anyone on here who knows a little about arachnids please tell me the species.

What were you smoking?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
It's alright finding them outside. At least it wasn't here.......
659889E5-FDF9-416A-9BA4-0FBE0DB76BDF-3395-00000152BD8CCC68_zps7a81b7b2.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It's alright finding them outside. At least it wasn't here.......
659889E5-FDF9-416A-9BA4-0FBE0DB76BDF-3395-00000152BD8CCC68_zps7a81b7b2.jpg

I hate to mention this but it is estimated that you will EAT eight spiders in your sleep over a lifetime.

Sleep tight arachnaphobes!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
absolute myth!

spiders have much better things to do than to crawl into your mouth

Not if you stick flies on your teeth at bedtime like me!

Anyway, cheers for mucking up my jolly jape TL! I wanted all the little girls on here to run off screaming like the pansies they are.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I hate to mention this but it is estimated that you will EAT eight spiders in your sleep over a lifetime.

Sleep tight arachnaphobes!

I like spiders, help keep the garden in good health, only posted it to get some reaction from the haters but no one bit.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Incidentally, when you see a spider scuttling across the floor and then it suddenly stops, as if someone has pressed the pause button, it's because it has used up all the oxygen in its blood. When it stops it's actually breathing through its KNEES to re- oxygenate then off it goes again.

That is genuinely interesting. I'd always thought it was down to them being spotted and trying to figure the quickest way to get the **** outta dodge.

Oct 25, 2003
imagine if all animals caught their prey in the same way as spiders....terrifying

just casually walking along the street and getting caught in a BEARS WEB....or going for a swim only to find yourself trapped in a ORCAS WEB

Oct 25, 2003
I hate wasps and spiders eat them too! So I join you in giving a ridiculously massive shoutout to ma spiderz cru.

i've only seen a wasp caught in a spiders web once, and it was one of the most enthralling things i've ever witnessed...i genuinely watched the encounter for about an hour

the wasp was going absolutely APESHIT, the spider seemed pretty chilled out, every now and again testing the resolve of its future meal with a timely lunge of intent...only to be met with a stinger swipe from the wasp

eventually, and predictably, the wasp grew tired, and the spider went in for the final blow...i didn't witness the murder, as i thought the spider deserved to enjoy its meal in peace

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
i've only seen a wasp caught in a spiders web once, and it was one of the most enthralling things i've ever witnessed...i genuinely watched the encounter for about an hour

the wasp was going absolutely APESHIT, the spider seemed pretty chilled out, every now and again testing the resolve of its future meal with a timely lunge of intent...only to be met with a stinger swipe from the wasp

eventually, and predictably, the wasp grew tired, and the spider went in for the final blow...i didn't witness the murder, as i thought the spider deserved to enjoy its meal in peace

As a grubby child I used to catch wasps and put them up against other insects like spiders, red ants, etc. to see who'd win.

The wasps usually met a grisly end but they put up a hell of a fight. Sort of like bear baiting for 8 year olds.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The genesis of The World's Hardest Creature threads.. ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here