Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spiders Attack

It dawned on me earlier looking up and seeing 4 spiders in each corner of the lounge... that were outnumbered VASTLY by Spiders and recently have seen an increase of them within the house and it hit me!

We are being attacked by Spiders, i've killed 15 this week and taking the fight to them rather than being overun... KILL them before they KILL you...

Good luck my friends... It's not to late.

We have a rule at home only one spider per room,SIMILAR TO THE CHINESE REALLY:thumbsup:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I don't normally mind them. I'm happy to have them in my bedroom so hopefully they get rid of the mozzies. But there was one last night that had to go. When I went to put a pint glass over it, its legs were wider then the rim of the pint glass. It's legs had to bend right up just to go in the glass. And it was about half a foot away from my pillow. And it was no daddy long legs. It's legs were quite thinck.

It dawned on me earlier looking up and seeing 4 spiders in each corner of the lounge... that were outnumbered VASTLY by Spiders and recently have seen an increase of them within the house and it hit me!

We are being attacked by Spiders, i've killed 15 this week and taking the fight to them rather than being overun... KILL them before they KILL you...

Good luck my friends... It's not to late.

TRY SLEEPING WITH YOUR MOUTH CLOSED,THEY KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE:sick:

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
I've noticed a huge increase in spiders in my house in recent weeks. After watching 2 of those huge spiders scuttle across my lounge floor last week i looked it up online.

Apparently this is the mating season for the house spider. The ones you see are the males as the females never come out of dark hidden spaces. The males are searching for females so this is why they are being seen more at this time.

My girlfriend urges me to kill them but i don't feel it is appropriate so i throw them outside. However, the house spider is not equipped to live outside and will die unless it can get back in again pretty soon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've noticed a huge increase in spiders in my house in recent weeks. After watching 2 of those huge spiders scuttle across my lounge floor last week i looked it up online.

Apparently this is the mating season for the house spider. The ones you see are the males as the females never come out of dark hidden spaces. The males are searching for females so this is why they are being seen more at this time.

My girlfriend urges me to kill them but i don't feel it is appropriate so i throw them outside. However, the house spider is not equipped to live outside and will die unless it can get back in again pretty soon.

so, are House Spiders a recent evolutionary development or have they just upsized from caves like us ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When I worked in A&E we saw a fair few spider bites from Brighton.

The Larger house spiders (huntsman etc.) can give you a nip but nothing more than a wasp sting.

There are some false widow spiders in the area too which can give you a proper fright.

I love spiders, they make me feel worthwhile.

There is nothing better in life than hearing my Wife or Daughters scream at such a level the windows vibrate and then casually walking upstairs or wherever and being able to say "stand aside, I'll deal with this".

Real man stuff and hero worshipped thereafter, for maybe an hour.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Large one on stairs last night - unfortunately (for the spider) the glass trick removed two legs but got the rest out the back.
Huge spider in the bedroom one night so I dropped a book on it - it works!
Yes - there are loads more around for some reason - never seen so many webs around the garden - and they don't take long to rebuild when you knock 'em down.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
They don't bother me at all - my partner however screams like a girl when one appears in the house - I can pick the little ones up but anything bigger that a 5p is either captured in a tissue or a glass and put straight outside.

If the cat brings in a frog or a rat or a bird though I'm a quivering wreck

el punal

We had a spider in our downstairs loo. Used to turn up everyday so I had deep meaningful conversations with him. He did'nt say much, obviously the strong,silent type. I named him Boris.

After a few weeks Boris disappeared. My wife said he probably died, it does happen you know.

So, Boris, farewell and enjoy the flies in that web in the sky. The End.

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Saw this in the garden today:

Misumenia vatia2.jpg

Flower Crab Spider. They lurck inside flowers and catch bees when they come in for the nectar.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I'm definitely on the side of saving the spiders. Brilliant little creatures

spider-hell.jpg

To me that's a shoe job, small one's are easy to just chuck a sock at it, but that big one need's a shoe... that's just one mother, imagine a spider's mother's meeting where they bring there kids along they'll be thousands of them!

Spider's are burglars imo there UNINVITED into the house and try and nick TV's which is why if u don't kill them they'll mass up and nick your car, or laptop.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Had a look out of the window last week before I went to bed and seen a f***ing monster of a spider on a web dangling down, stood back and chucked a deodrant can at it to see if it was inside or out and thankfully it was out. I never slept all night though in fear it would somehow get in.

I'm not scared of many things but spiders, nah, I cannot deal with the *****.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
There are some false widow spiders in the area too which can give you a proper fright.[/QUOTE]
I got bitten by one of those bastards on the webbing between my thumb and palm of my hand,felt like a wasp sting and left red marks along the blood vessels on my hand going up towards my wrist.Lasted a couple of days.Mind you the spider didn't like it too much when I bit it back! That'll learn 'em!

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Just Killed another one (self defence) chucked a cushion at it and it didn't die i'm starting to get worried that they maybe coming immune to stuff...

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
There are loads at this time of year. We leave the windows open to let in fresh air, and in they come in their dozens. All sizes and all shapes, some as large as saucers *cringe*. Most of them get hoovered up or flushed down the bog, but it's so annoying when you get the fright of your life as one crawls up the wall, next to where you're sitting.

It doesn't help that I read somewhere that the average human eats 7 spiders in his lifetime, while asleep.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
so, are House Spiders a recent evolutionary development or have they just upsized from caves like us ?
In fact House Spiders came up with the idea first and we just adapted :thumbsup:

Seriously though spiders are pretty cool and I try to keep as many around the house as possible but if the kids see them I have to move them outside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here