Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spiders Attack

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I don't like spiders!, maybe you've done something to piss them off! And now they've told all their mate's.

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Had a medium sized one by my wardrobe last night, moved the wardrobe door to get it, was not prepared for what was lying there, biggest spider I've ever seen, then lost the other one dealing with that one, so slept on the sofa, horrible things they are!

Oct 25, 2003
i used to be afraid of spiders but then i decided to MAN UP

they're useful to have in the house.....i find flying things a lot more annoying than spiders

if this was australia with spiders that can actually kill you, then i'd understand the fear........nothing in this country is going to do you any harm

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'm definitely on the side of saving the spiders. Brilliant little creatures

spider-hell.jpg

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
f me pick them up and put them outside there is no spider in the uk that can bite you

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
As long as they're not in my bed (or near it) I'm happy with spiders. They just go about their business peacefully and don't chase you.

Wasps on the other hand... uurgh

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
spiders i dont mind these bastards however make my flesh crawl

Attachments

• imagesCAXOVON0.jpg
    imagesCAXOVON0.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 519

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
f me pick them up and put them outside there is no spider in the uk that can bite you

All spiders bite, just a case of whether their fangs can penetrate human skin?

I believe Daddy long legs are the most venomous but luckily can't penetrate our skin. I've always wondered whether if you ate one, the poison would effect you??

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You need to get one of these. Nicer than killing them, and you don't have to even get close to them. The perfect solution.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346754133.744288.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I believe Daddy long legs are the most venomous but luckily can't penetrate our skin. I've always wondered whether if you ate one, the poison would effect you??

No it wouldn't, because it's not actually true.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

"As for the real daddy-longlegs (Opiliones), these fellows mostly eat decomposing stuff, hence their affinity for woodpiles and crawlspaces. They’ll nab a smaller creature if the opportunity presents itself. However, they don’t have fangs or venom glands. Some species can secrete nasty stuff, so if you’re a small animal then perhaps you could be poisoned. If a human wants to be harmed by these daddy-longlegs, it might be possible if you gather up a humongous bunch of daddy-longlegs and eat them. As Paracelsus told us centuries ago, the dose makes the poison—and even water is poisonous in sufficient quantities."

OUPblog ve heard?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm definitely on the side of saving the spiders. Brilliant little creatures

spider-hell.jpg

That is serious.. only cure for that is a spray can of WD40 and fag lighter..... start spraying and hold the lighter out just below the jet and flick....

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
At my allotment at the weekend I accidentally knocked a spider off my fennel plant onto a patch of earth populated by a few scurrying ants. It was an absolute monster, different striped brown and I thought that it would have a field day in and amongst all those lovely tasty ants. I wasn’t prepared for what happened.

The ants just went MENTAL and all started having a right go at the spider, who absolutely shit himself. One particularly tenacious ant (think an ant version of Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction) was clinging onto his leg chomping it to pieces. So I scooped him up and flicked off the psycho and lay him peacefully to recuperate on the sage.

Ants are mental little fuckers when they get going! Seriously, they will take over the world one day if they can get properly organised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here