Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spider Bite

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You're the one who saw it!

Ha, I saw something, but i don't know what it was. I've read various scare stories in the likes of the Mail Online about Killer Hornets Reaching The UK, but I do usually take these things with a pinch of salt.

The thing I saw could have been a very large good old British hornet, not one of those foreign Johnnies, coming over here, stinging all our bees. I've no idea as I've never seen one before of either variety :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The previous owners of a house I'd moved into had a guy come around every six months and explode some sort of insect killer into the floor boards and loft, cupboard under the stairs etc. I declined his services but then sat there for a while wondering what would drive you to take such measures!
Entomophobia maybe?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't really interact with them, but they are fascinating to watch and after you've cared for them for a while you begin to see them in a different light. Some species are more aggressive than others, this one can be a bit feisty but my other two are like pussy cats.

You mean stealthy, silent and highly effective killing machines :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
After reading this thread of spider invasion stories i think i am glad to be over here with the red backs, fierce snakes and drop bears.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Entomophobia maybe?

Very likely, although they seemed to have a fear of everything, including solicitors, bankers and cleaners!

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
Had to go back in to A&E again this morning with the bite on advice from 111. The bite had got bigger and more angry, the pains had worsened in my arm and neck. After loads of tests and deliberations as to whether I need to be admitted for an IV drip I was sent home with steroids so I'm now on four different types of tablet.

Nasty buggers those False Widows

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Looks nasty

guillermo-del-toro-on-set-of-hellboy-2.jpg

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Had to go back in to A&E again this morning with the bite on advice from 111. The bite had got bigger and more angry, the pains had worsened in my arm and neck. After loads of tests and deliberations as to whether I need to be admitted for an IV drip I was sent home with steroids so I'm now on four different types of tablet.

Nasty buggers those False Widows
Blimey, amazing how something so small can inflict so much damage on a large human. All the best in your recovery. I will be checking closely when I put my underwear on next time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here