Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Specsavers County Championship Division Two, Worcestershire v Sussex at Worcester

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope Taylor's pay is performance related. HE IS BOBBINS.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
2 overs before lunch... 66 overs left in the day.

Weather looking dodgy for tomorrow.

Sussex need to show some spine this afternoon.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lunch, day 3.

Sussex(f/o) 6-0 (3 overs), Nash 5* Joyce 1*, and still trailing by 207 runs.

63 overs remaining in the day.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So disappointing thus far! Experienced international promised so much.

That batting line up really needs Wright! Jordan down the order would be nice too!
Looked great on paper didn't it, unfortunately cricket is played on grass. You wouldn't mind if he was up against world class attacks but averaging 20(?) against second division county trundlers is very poor.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looked great on paper didn't it, unfortunately cricket is played on grass. You wouldn't mind if he was up against world class attacks but averaging 20(?) against second division county trundlers is very poor.

His average is 24.66: for any batter against Second Div trundlers that would be poor but for a supposed star signing, that's shocking

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Hmmm ...I once batted 90 minutes for 0 (and eight overs for 0 in a limited overs game) so Wells seems a bit too reckless for me

Genuinely impressive not to even get an edge for runs or lose concentration and go after a wide one.

Good work

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sussex (f/o) 104-1 (51 overs) trailing by 109

Joyce 62* (144 balls, 8 fours) Wells 11* (101 balls, and he has hardly hit one off the square)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
52.6 Leach to Wells, no run
52.5 Leach to Wells, no run
52.4 Leach to Wells, no run
52.3 Leach to Wells, no run
52.2 Leach to Wells, no run
52.1 Leach to Wells, no run

51.6 Henry to Joyce, no run
51.5 Henry to Joyce, no run
51.4 Henry to Joyce, no run
51.3 Henry to Joyce, no run
51.2 Henry to Joyce, no run
51.1 Henry to Joyce, no run

Nice work :)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Close of play, day 3

Sussex (f/o) 137-3 (68 overs), trailing by 76 runs.

Ross Taylor 16* Lewis 'nightwatchman' Hatchett 1*

#prayforrain

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So at best we limp on for another draw, at worst it's a fairly grim defeat. don't think we are going to bounce back up this season if at all.

So at best we limp on for another draw, at worst it's a fairly grim defeat. don't think we are going to bounce back up this season if at all.

June is just a couple of weeks away so perhaps it's about time for a post from north of the river about us needing a batting coach?
Seriously though, not renewing my two membership tickets after 10+ years was a big deal for me this spring. However none of the club emails, flyers, invitations, renewal reminders, meeting agendas or even last years accounts seemed to address an underlying issue on the pitch. Basically, how/why did the club manage to conjure such a playing side malaise that we were relegated last season and how would this be addressed both in 2016 and going forward?
Even though I managed only six days of Sussex cricket in 2015, I really wanted to renew; I like watching cricket at Hove and bagging a deckchair on a sunny day is just brilliant, I miss grumbling about the crap view from the members area at Arundel and that Horsham CC could and should do a better job at Cricketfield Lane. Cost wasn't an issue but we're now four or five games in, looking generally uncompetitive (even woeful at times) in the second tier so just maybe the decision had some rationality after all.

Hmmm ...I once batted 90 minutes for 0 (and eight overs for 0 in a limited overs game) so Wells seems a bit too reckless for me

Excellent stuff Geoffrey.

I can't match your sterling effort but I did bat for an entire two and a half hour innings (less one ball) at Epsom in the late 70's. I used to open with a former Lancs League player; a friend and work colleague, both single and in our mid-late 20's. We'd been talked into going to a party in Leicester the night before by some new graduates in our Lab so had driven up, complete with kit etc in the boot. I remember a sort of impromptu fancy dress competition during the evening and then waking up about ten the next morning wearing my pads and nothing else, the brunette next to me was a nurse who had come direct to the party after her shift and she was wearing my batting gloves.
We bombed back to Epsom for the game; needless to say I couldn't find my gloves so the no.3 opened in my place. My mate played probably the most elegant looking drive through mid-wicket that I'd ever seen to his first ball, it yorked him. Meanwhile, I'd located my missing kit on the back seat of his car underneath all the clobber we'd brought back for one of Lab graduates together with a sleeping Leicester RI nurse. 24no btw - happy days eh?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hmmmmmmm ..... time for another inspirational Mark Davis team talk this morning???

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
June is just a couple of weeks away so perhaps it's about time for a post from north of the river about us needing a batting coach?
Seriously though, not renewing my two membership tickets after 10+ years was a big deal for me this spring. However none of the club emails, flyers, invitations, renewal reminders, meeting agendas or even last years accounts seemed to address an underlying issue on the pitch. Basically, how/why did the club manage to conjure such a playing side malaise that we were relegated last season and how would this be addressed both in 2016 and going forward?
Even though I managed only six days of Sussex cricket in 2015, I really wanted to renew; I like watching cricket at Hove and bagging a deckchair on a sunny day is just brilliant, I miss grumbling about the crap view from the members area at Arundel and that Horsham CC could and should do a better job at Cricketfield Lane. Cost wasn't an issue but we're now four or five games in, looking generally uncompetitive (even woeful at times) in the second tier so just maybe the decision had some rationality after all.

They probably need your support now, more than ever. Its rebuilding time, and I always thought we would need to adjust to this division. We have some quality youth coming through much more than other counties and it must be worth your support of the club through a membership just to watch who can make it.

The weather and early start has not helped, nor will the 20 20 interruption. Wright and Jordan big misses and the young bowlers have been thrown in.

Long way to go in the season yet only 4 games into a 16 game season, we often get going in the second half after the break. But a draw today would go a long way to setting up a launching pad and some momentum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here