Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Times

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What? Even better than losing to 9 man Walsall in the pissing rain at a sports track?

30 years ago I went to occasional Goldstone games in the Nicky Rust era. 12,000 folk rattling around on weed covered terraces, asset stripping sly (rich) owners investing Jack Sh1t, any manager with a backbone sacked.

Now a large well run club with incredible facilities, brilliance from top to bottom and some of the best football anywhere.

Who could’ve predicted this?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
30 years ago I went to occasional Goldstone games in the Nicky Rust era. 12,000 folk rattling around on weed covered terraces, asset stripping sly (rich) owners investing Jack Sh1t, any manager with a backbone sacked.

Now a large well run club with incredible facilities, brilliance from top to bottom and some of the best football anywhere.

Who could’ve predicted this?
Not where we are currently in the way the game is today. I always believed we’d come back, one day, the belief in that never waived. Even at Priestfield. The how bit I couldn’t say. Thank you Dick and Tony!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not where we are currently in the way the game is today. I always believed we’d come back, one day, the belief in that never waived. Even at Priestfield. The how bit I couldn’t say. Thank you Dick and Tony!!

I always knew we had the fanbase and vast catchment area. I remember a SouthToday/Fred Dinneage local news about 30 years ago where Rick Wakeman (not an Albion fan) said in passing that we were THE sleeping giant. My ears pricked up!

Exactly. DK and others beat the establishment and crooks, TB made the dream come true.

We fkn deserve this.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yes special times, but with the current squad and manager they could get even better.

Not only is it the results, it's the style of play, which is just a joy to watch.
And breaking down in a double decker bus on the M25 on the way back from gillingham. Nightmare.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I like the Guardian summary of today:

"This wasn’t all about Evan Ferguson. The first five minutes aside, Brighton were just brilliant, an extended shot of dopamine for neutrals never mind their own fans. Billy Gilmour – who is receiving an animated post-match appraisal from Roberto De Zerbi as I type - and Pascal Gross ran the game even though they were ostensibly outnumbered in midfield, Newcastle couldn’t get near Joao Pedro, and I could go on but I’m just repeating myself now. In so many ways, modern football is soul-destroying nonsense. Then there’s Brighton & Hove Albion."

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Days like today. Watching this team playing the game in a joyous, life affirming fashion. Not dour, stay in this league at all costs, percentage football. Our team going toe to toe with oil state clubs. And humping them.

It's just effin' tremendous!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm re watching the game having recorded it and at the end they showed our next 8 games and there are these two European clubs listed which is quite surreal

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Is it just me thinking 31 more points then we are safe……

Wasn’t that long ago Leicester were lauded as the best run club in the country….

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like the Guardian summary of today:

"This wasn’t all about Evan Ferguson. The first five minutes aside, Brighton were just brilliant, an extended shot of dopamine for neutrals never mind their own fans. Billy Gilmour – who is receiving an animated post-match appraisal from Roberto De Zerbi as I type - and Pascal Gross ran the game even though they were ostensibly outnumbered in midfield, Newcastle couldn’t get near Joao Pedro, and I could go on but I’m just repeating myself now. In so many ways, modern football is soul-destroying nonsense. Then there’s Brighton & Hove Albion."

Lovely words :bowdown:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Next nine games:

Man Utd
AEK Athens
Bournemouth
Chelsea
Villa
Marseille
Liverpool
Man City
Ajax

And crazier still, we could actually win them all (except Bournemouth obviously).
Is it just me that looks at that run of games and goes gulp?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
After all the excitement over Fati, and the European Draw - I felt that we were probably going to come back down to earth with a bump today. Instead we just brushed aside an expensively put together Champions League team. Astonishing that this just keeps on happening, and I'm still surprised by it. And long may that last - I really don't want to get used to this, and familiarity breeding content and all that.
^^This^^

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My first game was 1977. We were on the cusp of greatness then, and as a 9-year-old I took it for granted. Little did I know!

But this is something different. We’re not on the cusp of greatness, we’re in the thick of it. Enjoy each moment and live in the present, and never take it for granted.

Perhaps in a minute I’ll wake up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here