Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Times

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That's what these are for our club.

Everything that we've gone through to get here, all the strife and struggles, and look what we have now.

The players, the manager, the coaching staff, the directors, the owner, the facilities, the lot - it really feels like it's all come together to perfection.

I hope you're all enjoying the ride as much as I am - whatever happens in the months and years to come, these are times we'll remember for decades.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007

Everything that we've gone through to get here, all the strife and struggles, and look what we have now.

The players, the manager, the coaching staff, the directors, the owner, the facilities, the lot - it really feels like it's all come together to perfection.

I hope you're all enjoying the ride as much as I am - whatever happens in the months and years to come, these are times we'll remember for decades.
Amen! It’s still totally surreal for me (old fart fan since ‘79). Trying so hard to live in the minute because it’s f***ing epic!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I hope you're all enjoying the ride as much as I am - whatever happens in the months and years to come, these are times we'll remember for decades to come.

People not into football are always saying to me “great times for Brighton just now”, I reply “the best ever”.

Intriguing, exciting, weird to think pre match “we may well win” and we do … against almost anyone.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Well said a moment in our history to cherish.

A lifetime of following an unfancied and underachieving team, being ridiculed by my peers and now we're the envy of almost all teams.

Quite incredible.

I once told a colleague that I was confident we'd play in the Premier league in my lifetime which was met with roaring laughter. Now we're sitting 4th having finished 6th last season, looking forward to competing in a group of huge clubs in Europe AND, if you believe the bookies we're favourites to win said group.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quite incredible, we really are living the dream

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I hope you're all enjoying the ride as much as I am - whatever happens in the months and years to come, these are times we'll remember UNTIL WE DIE
Corrected for you

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Imposter syndrome Sometimes, but it dawned on me today.

Just spending the day sorting out flights and hotels, but not for holidays, a break from work, this is actually going to watch Brighton in a European cup competition, against Ajax. Yes that Ajax, you know the one with the Johan Cruyff, the one that did that turn thingy that we all tried to copy as a kid. The Ajax that were once the best team in Europe, and little old Brighton who used to play at an athletics track with little more than 6000 people in getting soaked in the pissing rain are going to play them ( and beat them ) in their own back yard.

I’ve grown up in a town which is mainly London overspill, they came up here in the 60’s looking for work so surrounded by Chelsea this, Arsenal that, Tottenham this, West Ham that, coupled with the usual Man Utd, Liverpool bollocks.
I’ve had to put up with this for years, and have taking them along to games at Withdean, Gillingham, Barnet, Crewe, Leyton Orient, Northampton, coach load to Peterborough, all with them having a great day away from their sterile surroundings but sniggering about the standard of football, Gary Hart’s transfer fee and a set of tracksuits, the Coca Cola kid and all that.

They‘re not laughing now.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
After all the excitement over Fati, and the European Draw - I felt that we were probably going to come back down to earth with a bump today. Instead we just brushed aside an expensively put together Champions League team. Astonishing that this just keeps on happening, and I'm still surprised by it. And long may that last - I really don't want to get used to this, and familiarity breeding content and all that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People not into football are always saying to me “great times for Brighton just now”, I reply “the best ever”.

Intriguing, exciting, weird to think pre match “we may well win” and we do … against almost anyone.
What? Even better than losing to 9 man Walsall in the pissing rain at a sports track?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here