Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Times

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I've watched the albion for 25 years and the times I've thought to myself. 'Think of the carnage we'd
exact on defences if we ever had multiple, skilful players who simply ran at them all game'.

We now have that.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
30 years ago I went to occasional Goldstone games in the Nicky Rust era. 12,000 folk rattling around on weed covered terraces, asset stripping sly (rich) owners investing Jack Sh1t, any manager with a backbone sacked.

Now a large well run club with incredible facilities, brilliance from top to bottom and some of the best football anywhere.

Who could’ve predicted this?
Even Nostradamus didn't predict it 😉

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's what these are for our club.

Everything that we've gone through to get here, all the strife and struggles, and look what we have now.

The players, the manager, the coaching staff, the directors, the owner, the facilities, the lot - it really feels like it's all come together to perfection.

I hope you're all enjoying the ride as much as I am - whatever happens in the months and years to come, these are times we'll remember for decades.
Well, some of us will. I'll settle for years :wink:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I've watched the albion for 25 years and the times I've thought to myself. 'Think of the carnage we'd
exact on defences if we ever had multiple, skilful players who simply ran at them all game'.

We now have that.
Fati will bring a whole new level to this. Teams will not have a clue who to double/treble up on. And once our starting 4 start tiring, another bunch of young, fast tricksters will come bursting onto the pitch. Seriously exciting times ahead. :albion2:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Imposter syndrome Sometimes, but it dawned on me today.

Just spending the day sorting out flights and hotels, but not for holidays, a break from work, this is actually going to watch Brighton in a European cup competition, against Ajax. Yes that Ajax, you know the one with the Johan Cruyff, the one that did that turn thingy that we all tried to copy as a kid. The Ajax that were once the best team in Europe, and little old Brighton who used to play at an athletics track with little more than 6000 people in getting soaked in the pissing rain are going to play them ( and beat them ) in their own back yard.

I’ve grown up in a town which is mainly London overspill, they came up here in the 60’s looking for work so surrounded by Chelsea this, Arsenal that, Tottenham this, West Ham that, coupled with the usual Man Utd, Liverpool bollocks.
I’ve had to put up with this for years, and have taking them along to games at Withdean, Gillingham, Barnet, Crewe, Leyton Orient, Northampton, coach load to Peterborough, all with them having a great day away from their sterile surroundings but sniggering about the standard of football, Gary Hart’s transfer fee and a set of tracksuits, the Coca Cola kid and all that.

They‘re not laughing now.
They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian some day.
They're not laughing now.

(Great post. I seem to recall reading similar on a past thread. I went to all those away games. I always thought we could recover (by that I mean be a solid tier 2 side) which is why, I suppose, I was part of the 2,000, when work colleagues openly laughed at me. I hoped we could break into the EPL top ten, but I still fear it all turning to dust. Not Imposter Syndrome, more like Arnold Judas Rimmer syndrome).

:thumbsup:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian some day.
They're not laughing now.

(Great post. I seem to recall reading similar on a past thread. I went to all those away games. I always thought we could recover (by that I mean be a solid tier 2 side) which is why, I suppose, I was part of the 2,000, when work colleagues openly laughed at me. I hoped we could break into the EPL top ten, but I still fear it all turning to dust. Not Imposter Syndrome, more like Arnold Judas Rimmer syndrome).

:thumbsup:
A Bob Monkhouse classic I think!

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
I took my youngest son to his first Albion game when he was 6. ( League Cup game against Swindon). From that moment he was hooked. His mates ( Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool fans ) used to take the piss , " why do you support a shit team", but he never wavered, Brighton was his team.
He is now lauding it over them, and I am so proud. This current team is magnificent, the team spirit is unbelievable, in the words of the 3 musketeers "all for one and one for all", makes me quite emotional thinking about it.
UTA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here