Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spare

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Ignoring the twatish behaviour - worse was his claim of killing 25 people in Afghanistan, why oh why would you mention this.
If he was not a marked man before these comments, he is now, no wonder he wants, the British tax payers to pay for his security. Quite frankly the sooner he buggers off to a cave, and is stripped of his royal titles, the better.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
“I didn’t sweat at the time because I had suffered what I would describe as an overdose of adrenaline in the Falklands War when I was shot at and I simply...it was almost impossible for me to sweat.”
His recent series on shitflix with his lovely wife did remind me of Andrew's interview. The more they spoke, the more a felt they were ****s. They pleaded poverty (having to pay for their own security) while sat in their private jet. I'm sure it's all been covered in this thread, but reading it would just annoy me. Apparently we're only against them because she's a world leader in the fight against racism, and we love our racism over here. Did you know that slave owners were paid compensation for the ending of slavery! Not like America of course, where black people have always had equal rights.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This episode seems to have brought the worst out of a lot of people.
It's a shame Harry either hasn't got a decent mentor or if he has, it's a shame he hasn't listened to them.

It's clear that no one comes out well from this.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Just a thought on the criticism Harry has got from Army brass about his claims to have killed 25 Taliban, and them saying no Serviceman would openly talk about their personal tallies.

The RAF pilots of WW2 claimed kills as a matter of course, and were judged on whether they became’Aces’ on such numbers.
Not having a go, because I know you served in the Navy, but of all the people I've ever met in my lifetime who served in the army, I've never come across anyone who bragged about their tallies in combat. The pilots of WW2 were a bit different as they're reporting enemy planes taken out, but people who served on the ground in conflict? It doesn't happen does it?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not having a go, because I know you served in the Navy, but of all the people I've ever met in my lifetime who served in the army, I've never come across anyone who bragged about their tallies in combat. The pilots of WW2 were a bit different as they're reporting enemy planes taken out, but people who served on the ground in conflict? It doesn't happen does it?
He wasn't bragging about it though. Wasn't the context that he was asked a question. He stated something along the lines he's killed about 25 Afghans, something he isn't proud of but neither was he ashamed. They were taught to treat them as if they were chess pieces and that you were taking them out of the game. Surely that is the way the military try to dehumanise what they are doing. I fail to see what is wrong with that. We all know what the military are there to do so what's the point of brushing it under the carpet.

The bizarre thing is that an Afghan taliban official has accused Harry of crimes against humanity. Laughable.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He wasn't bragging about it though. Wasn't the context that he was asked a question. He stated something along the lines he's killed about 25 Afghans, something he isn't proud of but neither was he ashamed. They were taught to treat them as if they were chess pieces and that you were taking them out of the game. Surely that is the way the military try to dehumanise what they are doing. I fail to see what is wrong with that. We all know what the military are there to do so what's the point of brushing it under the carpet.

The bizarre thing is that an Afghan taliban official has accused Harry of crimes against humanity. Laughable.
I've never come across a British soldier doing this before and he seems to have irked quite a few former comrades in the process.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Many people sympathetic when he went to USA but would think very few remaining.
What advance was he paid for this book

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've never come across a British soldier doing this before and he seems to have irked quite a few former comrades in the process.
But I'm guessing those you have come across aren't anywhere near as high profile.

Also, it's widely reported that many of our ex servicemen have mental health issues and maybe part of that is due to some sort of code of not speaking about their experiences. Post the two world wars ordinary soldiers must have suffered in silence because of the propensity to keep the 'stiff upper lip'.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I conduct myself with more decorum than a member of the royal f***ing family.

And I 'm a ****.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just a thought on the criticism Harry has got from Army brass about his claims to have killed 25 Taliban, and them saying no Serviceman would openly talk about their personal tallies.

The RAF pilots of WW2 claimed kills as a matter of course, and were judged on whether they became’Aces’ on such numbers.
I'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs here, but for clarity:
Pilots became aces after 5 'kills'. That didn't mean they killed anyone, they just shot down 5 enemy aircraft. The number of people in the aircraft, and whether they survived, wasn't relevant. That's never been comparable with how many human beings someone has killed. I've known a number of men who have seen conflict, and it's kinda gone without saying that I'd never ask them whether they've killed anyone, let alone how many. In fact, I remember on one occasion in a pub someone else asking, and I stopped them and said it wasn't really an appropriate question, No doubt if the soldier wanted to answer, they would have, but they shouldn't feel they have to. And none of the servicemen I've ever know have told whether they've killed anyone or not. It's really quite odd for Harry to come out with this. And I'd also bet that Harry (while in more danger than I've ever been in) was at less risk than any of the soldiers I've known.

But I could have started a **** off Harry thread before this latest revelation. He's just a ****ing twat, airing his trivial issues in public. Just take your self-serving, self-pitying wife, and **** off.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs here, but for clarity:
Pilots became aces after 5 'kills'. That didn't mean they killed anyone, they just shot down 5 enemy aircraft. The number of people in the aircraft, and whether they survived, wasn't relevant. That's never been comparable with how many human beings someone has killed. I've known a number of men who have seen conflict, and it's kinda gone without saying that I'd never ask them whether they've killed anyone, let alone how many. In fact, I remember on one occasion in a pub someone else asking, and I stopped them and said it wasn't really an appropriate question, No doubt if the soldier wanted to answer, they would have, but they shouldn't feel they have to. And none of the servicemen I've ever know have told whether they've killed anyone or not. It's really quite odd for Harry to come out with this. And I'd also bet that Harry (while in more danger than I've ever been in) was at less risk than any of the soldiers I've known.

But I could have started a **** off Harry thread before this latest revelation. He's just a ****ing twat, airing his trivial issues in public. Just take your self-serving, self-pitying wife, and **** off.
That's rather presumptuous of you to assume they didn't want to talk about their experiences. As for the garbage about pilots, do you not think they would have thought about what happened to the crew of the planes they shot down? Do you not think those that bombed Dresden, whilst not seeing the faces of those they killed, never thougth about the consequences of those bombs? That's a heavy burden for men that are doing their duty. Of course, some might not want to talk about their experiences but some might have felt they couldn't although they needed to but you can't presume it's 'an inappropriate question' for all of them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Also, it's widely reported that many of our ex servicemen have mental health issues and maybe part of that is due to some sort of code of not speaking about their experiences. Post the two world wars ordinary soldiers must have suffered in silence because of the propensity to keep the 'stiff upper lip'.
No, there is a huge difference between discussing your experiences either with fellow comrades or possibly people very close to you and any counsellor you may see for help, and discussing it with general mates, acquaintances, and then the whole world as Harry has done. Telling the whole world is not a route to good mental health.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's rather presumptuous of you to assume they didn't want to talk about their experiences.
Who has talked openly about the number of people they've killed as Harry has done?

As for the garbage about pilots, do you not think they would have thought about what happened to the crew of the planes they shot down? Do you not think those that bombed Dresden, whilst not seeing the faces of those they killed, never thougth about the consequences of those bombs?
What on earth are you talking about? I was replying to a post about pilots in WW2 claiming kills as a matter of course. That means pilots claiming how many planes they shot down. What has that got to do with what they thought about the crew of those aircraft or the people who died from bombs dropped by bombers? The crew of bombers did not claim the people who died from bombing raids as 'kills'. So what are you talking about?

That's a heavy burden for men that are doing their duty. Of course, some might not want to talk about their experiences but some might have felt they couldn't although they needed to but you can't presume it's 'an inappropriate question' for all of them.
When you're in a pub talking to a soldier you don't know very well, I think it is an inappropriate question. That doesn't mean the soldier has no outlet for their feelings, as no doubt they have people in their lives who are closer to them than some stranger in a pub.

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
That's rather presumptuous of you to assume they didn't want to talk about their experiences. As for the garbage about pilots, do you not think they would have thought about what happened to the crew of the planes they shot down? Do you not think those that bombed Dresden, whilst not seeing the faces of those they killed, never thougth about the consequences of those bombs? That's a heavy burden for men that are doing their duty. Of course, some might not want to talk about their experiences but some might have felt they couldn't although they needed to but you can't presume it's 'an inappropriate question' for all of them.

Asking someone how many people they killed in the conflict is inappropriate. Publically telling everyone how many people you killed in conflict is pretty obnoxious too.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Can't see the big deal in what he's said. It's just a good deflection from the media to hype this up, rather than muddy their own. What's worse, saying you killed some terrorists, or leaking stories to the press about your own brother, setting an agenda?

Good on Harry, I don't personally give a shit about him, he's annoying, but good for him. Finally one of their own sticking up to that racist, bigoted, disgraceful, filth of an institution.
I'm not going to be offended by anything he comes out and says, and be outraged that he speaks out against the "Royal" family. There's far more important things that people should actually give a shit about.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here