Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish striker?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Because citizens of other european union states dont need a work permit, if he can get himself dual nationality and therefore a spanish passport he is free to move and work anywhere in europe

Fair enough. Still don't understand how for some players it seems quite easy to get work permits (talking about players in general now), and for others it seems impossible. There must be some limitations other than the dual nationality issue.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Because citizens of other european union states dont need a work permit, if he can get himself dual nationality and therefore a spanish passport he is free to move and work anywhere in europe

That's the major key to the deal then it seems.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

He knows how to handle a KETTLE.
Very important.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
That's the major key to the deal then it seems.

I may be missing something completely but wouldn't he have needed to go through this same process in order to move from Argentina to Spain? Ie, if he's done that, why can't he do it between Spain and England?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
FFS if getting a work permit makes this drag on and we have to go for a poor replacement I will not be happy.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
[yt]n0_-Zz8EVOA[/yt]

Gotta be this song with Leo replacing Lido, providing he gets a work permit

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So is this the deal that was reported today as very close??

You would think so, seeing as Naylor is going on about it and we need a striker. It will probably be very close for the next 31 days, when we need someone asap....I will cream my pants if this guy comes in and scores a bullet header from a cross or corner.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
fair enough. Still don't understand how for some players it seems quite easy to get work permits (talking about players in general now), and for others it seems impossible. There must be some limitations other than the dual nationality issue.

plenty of other south american players manage to "find" a way of gaining passports in european counrties, didn't baz and battipiedi have italian ones. The other way for a non european to gain a work permit, and the reason why big name players don't have a problem, is to have played in a certain percentage of their countries recent internationals

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I may be missing something completely but wouldn't he have needed to go through this same process in order to move from Argentina to Spain? Ie, if he's done that, why can't he do it between Spain and England?

You know as much as me, have no idea to be honest. Maybe being a south american country, Argentina and Spain have a special relationship and are more relaxed regards paper work!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Naylor: [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: #bhafc want to sign Argentinian striker Leonardo Ulloa from Spanish club Almeria but deal could be scuppered by passport/work permit issues.

That just about sums our scouting system up ... they have had almost 2 yrs to replace murray and they find some-one but now seem to have overlooked any passport/work permit issues which renders the deal useless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here