Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Rodney

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Looked promising. Always on the move and searching for space in behind - should prove a handful for defences.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Agree he is very pacey not sure we will see many goals but as long as he provides for others, thought he faded after about 60-mins

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Looks an intelligent player, full of pace, knows how to be a team player. I'm never going to call him Rodney though.

This. 'Spanish Rodney' is the worst nickname I've ever heard.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thought he looks excellent, has some pace and makes a lot if similar runs to CMS. Will be interesting to see how he develops and how we can best use him with Ulloa.

I agree. this player is something very special !!!

Can we keep him ???

Iniital impressions, he is better than Peter Ward on his debut , and I saw that at Hereford.

Did not fade. Got better as the game went on, after 61 mins especially.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Nice to see he's ambidextrous which you don't see much these days and a quality every footballer would love to have.

We fans will like his pace and movement, a thumbs up. Disappointed he didn't shoot when he had the goal in sights though - does he have a good goal-scoring record or is he more of an assist guy?

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Very impressed - worked hard and seems to have a footballing brain. He didn't seem fazed by the home debut, unlike Stephens who I am sure will come good but just seemed to lack some confidence

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Reminded me in some ways of Conway, was certainly looking for the ball a lot, pity the midfield never saw the ball he was looking for yesterday. I'm trusting his understanding with everyone will get better.

Agree with that. Considering how little time the front 6 from yesterday have actually played together I thought they looked pretty fluid at times, when it all clicks they could be dangerous.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Movement is very good. Clearly wants to exploit runs in behind and has pace to burn. Can see defences who play a high line gettiing caught out by his clever movement and pace.

I do realise that this won't prove a widespread view, but what SD*2 really needs when playing wide left or right is an on-form SD*1 playing in the midfield three. He's the player with the vision and technique to spot his runs and pick out the pass behind their defence.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
I do realise that this won't prove a widespread view, but what SD*2 really needs when playing wide left or right is an on-form SD*1 playing in the midfield three. He's the player with the vision and technique to spot his runs and pick out the pass behind their defence.

We said something similar. Middle three of Ince, Andrews and SD1 (provided SD1 has his passing boots on...)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think Kemy could play this role very well too, he's a very intelligent and talented player but something really hasn't clicked with him since he's arrived :(

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We said something similar. Middle three of Ince, Andrews and SD1 (provided SD1 has his passing boots on...)

Agree about SD*1 requiring his passing boots. Think Stephens deserves another look instead of Andrews. And DFP: I do agree about Agustein. Many on here are really down on both SD*1 and Agustein. The former has hardly played in the centre, where he shined for much of last season, whereas the latter really needs a few games in a row to show us what he can do. I also agree that Oscar and Nathan don't seem to want to risk him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here