Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave

Jimmy Grimble

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Bruno in the second half when we were desperate on Saturday started floating inch-perfect angled balls into the box, including the one, i think, that Hoskins touched with perfection and had his volley saved from. I don't think he's fully fighting fit, but he's far and away our most inventive and outrageously skillful right-back. Lopez, though, is a good stand-in at present. I bought an iphone Lopez cover the other day as he has an intriguing but Golemy face and is the opposite of anything that anyone when seeing it could describe as a beauty. I like him and his ability to kill a ball dead. One of those players you wish had a yard more of pace so he could combine that deftness with a thunderous burst here and there. The more he gets up to speed with the madness of this division and he'll be more of an asset. Hope he keeps fitting in and enjoys himself with it.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
he is improving every game, but I think he is very very lightweight in the tackle.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
perhaps Gus will play an all Spanish midfield against Newcastle on saturday. Rest Bridcutt, play Orlandi, Spanish Dave. Vicente, Bruno and Calderon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Enough hair splitting, I'll run with Latin.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Everywhere on the net suggests he is Spanish. His name is Italian, but are both his parents? I'm sure one can adopt a nation if one is born there.

Yeah he said in the podcast his parents are both Italian but he was born in Spain. Turned down Spain U-17 because he wanted to make his grandparents proud by playing for Italy instead. Has dual nationality I think.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I had a little though last night about playing Bruno in the more advanced Right midfield role and leaving Spanish Dave at Right back. Whatare peoples thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I had the same thought. I bet Gus has considered this too. I wonder what his view is...!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That is my view Bruno doesn't seem the same player that we had earlier in the season.

I think he's been playing (or trying to play) through a nagging injury recently which might explain why he's not been at his best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here