Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Will Bruno get his place back? Just watched the extended highlights on player and his range of passing is awesome......that 50 yard cross field ball into Hoskins feet would have pleased Glenn Hoddle.

Quality.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Will Bruno get his place back? Just watched the extended highlights on player and his range of passing is awesome......that 50 yard cross field ball into Hoskins feet would have pleased Glenn Hoddle.

Quality.

Yes Bruno will get his place back.

Not necessarily - the point is, that Lopez' two performances at right back, have been solid enough, that Gus knows he needn't risk rushing Bruno back, unless he's completely ready.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I thought he was good against Millwall in the 2nd half when he was used at right back. Certainly seems to be settling in to the club now.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I don't believe Lopez should be dropped, I think he and Orlandi are the best passers we have. But I still think its a square peg in a round hole.
The real issue is that he plays the same position as Buckley. Both are heavily right footed, and need to be out wide.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
You picking up the extended highlights from the ipswich player Mac ? just got the normal 3 minute job on seagullsplayer as far as i can see .

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
He seems to be our new Vincelot. Versatile as f***. And he can take pens. Good to have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I lost interest in my own point!

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I am very happy to admit that I was unconvinced during his first games, especially the Derby match. However, that was clearly just rustiness, having not really had a pre-season, as he has been absolutely excellent the last few games. You can now clearly tell that he has played at a higher level.

Jimmy Grimble

As pleased as I've been with his performances at right-back, he hasn't turned out to be the player I was expecting when we signed him. Perhaps my expectations were out of line. And I 'spose there's still plenty of time for him to develop his role with us.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Quality.

Seeing as Bruno couldn't pass to anyone in a blue shirt on Saturday I suggest Lopez should keep the RB slot.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Yes Bruno is not fit, he failed to track back last Saturday and along with Crofts was the main culprit for at least 2 of Watford's goals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bruno has been a MASSIVE disappointment recently, I hope it's just injury related, he looks a shadow of the player who arrived here in the summer. Happy with Spanish Dave to keep him out at the moment I have to say.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I think the problem (not that there really was one) with Spanish Dave playing RM in the few games he got was not that he is a crap player (granted he didnt set the world alight), but that he wasn't settled into the squad/match fit/had no pre-season etc.

My personal opinion is that he is coming good and he looked very good at RB at ipswich. I feel wherever he plays now, wether that be RM or RB, he will be a much better player than we saw at the beggining of the season.

I had a little though last night about playing Bruno in the more advanced Right midfield role and leaving Spanish Dave at Right back. Whatare peoples thoughts on this?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think the problem (not that there really was one) with Spanish Dave playing RM in the few games he got was not that he is a crap player (granted he didnt set the world alight), but that he wasn't settled into the squad/match fit/had no pre-season etc.

My personal opinion is that he is coming good and he looked very good at RB at ipswich. I feel wherever he plays now, wether that be RM or RB, he will be a much better player than we saw at the beggining of the season.

I had a little though last night about playing Bruno in the more advanced Right midfield role and leaving Spanish Dave at Right back. Whatare peoples thoughts on this?

I think Calderon would fit the bill as attacking midfielder much better. Bruno has been very sloppy with possession recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here