Spanish Dave - What exactly does he do?!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
MoM v Wigan
Lovely assist v Hull
Scores the only goal v Millwall

Seems he's on his way back. Frustrating that he needs half a season, but if he's starting to peak now (along with Bruno) we could be in for a fantastic end to the season.

Does anyone know his penalty record? With the Albion and career?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
MoM v Wigan
Lovely assist v Hull
Scores the only goal v Millwall

Seems he's on his way back. Frustrating that he needs half a season, but if he's starting to peak now (along with Bruno) we could be in for a fantastic end to the season.

I would agree that he is the best penalty taker in the club and I never feel he will miss but once again today he was woeful.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agree. I accept he scored but woeful game

In addition, apart from Mellotron, who says he was MOM v Wigan? After that match, Mellotron was literally the ONLY person to say that. The general consensus was that he had an above average game, but was nowhere near MOM.

The fact is, the Spanish Dave of now is at nowhere near the level of 12 months ago - and dressing it up with a couple of half truths doesn't change that.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In addition, apart from Mellotron, who says he was MOM v Wigan? After that match, Mellotron was literally the ONLY person to say that. The general consensus was that he had an above average game, but was nowhere near MOM.

The fact is, the Spanish Dave of now is at nowhere near the level of 12 months ago - and dressing it up with a couple of half truths doesn't change that.

It was either Dave or Bruno who was MotM against Wigan. He was fine today, as he was against Hull. In fact, he was about the only one that looked up for it in the first half against Hull. I do accept, however, that he's still not up to the standards of last year but, then again, he was brilliant during 2013.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

The match sponsors said him. He missed out by 0.01 in the match ratings thread on here. And because of the match sponsors motm always getting a reaction on here there was a thread discussing it in which several people said they agreed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Most around me murmured assent. He really was very good against Wigan, a game in which we played a lot of lovely football he was always involved along with Bruno.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

I'm usually the polar opposite to Mellotron, in the fact that I disagree with everything he ever posts :jester:
However in this case he is completely correct! ( the only other time was with Glenn Murray). Spanish Dave was indeed man of the match.
It really is like casting pearls before swine. Spanish Dave is a magnificent footballer. He can receive a pass when surrounded by opposition defenders and find a teammate links play between defence and attack and plays a mean dead ball. He doesn't need pace, he can actually pass a ball and why the **** do people want him to tackle? Who do you think he is? Henry bloody Hughton?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I also said Dave deserved man of the match against Wigan....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm usually the polar opposite to Mellotron, in the fact that I disagree with everything he ever posts :jester:
However in this case he is completely correct! ( the only other time was with Glenn Murray). Spanish Dave was indeed man of the match.
It really is like casting pearls before swine. Spanish Dave is a magnificent footballer. He can receive a pass when surrounded by opposition defenders and find a teammate links play between defence and attack and plays a mean dead ball. He doesn't need pace, he can actually pass a ball and why the **** do people want him to tackle? Who do you think he is? Henry bloody Hughton?

:ohmy::down:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What can I say... I love Spanish Dave..

I cannot understand why he attracts such a backlash on here.
The continual moaning when he makes the team is beyond belief.
Dave has the potential to make and score exquisite goals, more so than any other player available to us IMHO.

Yes his performances are not at the level of last year.. The same is true of many other players.
However I would argue his highlight reel for this season eclipses anyone else in the squad... If he was performing at that level in every match... well he wouldn't be playing for us, would he?

For the (admittedly infrequent) moments of magic and for the entertainment value of this thread... Spanish Dave is worth every penny in my book.

Viva Dave! :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports