Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave - what exactly does he do?! VOL II

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't know what game you were at because Bruno and Dave have been shite all season. As for Crofts who has been one of our better players this season and Andrews, who also has been consistently good, they were the ones covering for Bruno who in the past two games has been shit. Bruno and Dave are ok when the game is easy but they disappear when you have to fight for a win.

Do you find it difficult to separate the two?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
The midfield was poor last night, neither Andrews or Crofts could get hold of the midfield, which left Bruno chasing around after the ball, and left the likes of Kaz and David feeding off scraps.

Bruno put him through one on one with a tremendous chip and he ****ed it up? Hardly a scrap is it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually thought for the first 30 minutes, Bruno bossed the midfield...he just ran out of steam.

SD is out of form! that is all and I think Oscar is giving him game time to recover that form, hence he is not getting a full game.

It is really strange that SD and Bruno get in in front of Ince at the moment though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If we win a penalty on Saturday... Who would you want to take it?

Agreed that he is not playing well yet... He had bad games last season too.
He is not alone in failing to deliver to the standard expected so far this season.

He is a class act, an intelligent footballer who loves playing for Brighton.
I am confident he will produce game winning spells again this season.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Bloodyhell, noone else fluffed a chance last night or at Reading then....Ulloa, Crofts, Andrews, Barnes.....

Of course, but not multiple chances. He hasnt performed so far, hence the examples of him costing us.

Crofts and Andrews both got goals (Brum away and last night) which got us some points. Ulloa looked a bit off the pace before his injury last night too, but was on fire before that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Of course, but not multiple chances. He hasnt performed so far, hence the examples of him costing us.

Crofts and Andrews both got goals (Brum away and last night) which got us some points. Ulloa looked a bit off the pace before his injury last night too, but was on fire before that.

I'm not saying SD played well, I'm just not singling him out as some are trying to do.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Spanish Dave? Spanish div more like. I would prefer to have Dean Cox taking our set pieces and not beating the first man. Least he was a local lad. And dont get me started on Bruno.

Is he the new "play anywhere when fit" Virgo.

Magnus

Oct 2, 2013
BN1
Works at Reading Airport apparently
icon_neutral.gif

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I actually thought for the first 30 minutes, Bruno bossed the midfield...he just ran out of steam.

SD is out of form! that is all and I think Oscar is giving him game time to recover that form, hence he is not getting a full game.

It is really strange that SD and Bruno get in in front of Ince at the moment though.

If he is out of form / not match fitness ready, then he should of played with the development squad not the 1st team to cost us points.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If he is out of form / not match fitness ready, then he should of played with the development squad not the 1st team to cost us points.

To cost us points?

So it's all his fault on his own then?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
David Lopez is a class act. He uses the ball in a way others in our side are just not able to (a good way I might add!). I love watching him. However, agreed that in some games this season he has made more mistakes and disappeared from time to time. Personally I am far more concerned about what Bruno is doing in the 11 and that Andrews and Ward are just not as good as Bridcutt and Bridge. When we are back in League One some time, in the hopefully distant future, you won't see a David Lopez; enjoy while you can.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Now, what he does is lives off of a quality free kick and a couple of half decent games last year. Said before we resigned him that he was a below average player which is probably why no one else wanted to sign him when he was released!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here