Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave - what exactly does he do?! VOL II

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
It took a spell at Right Back for his form to come... can't remember who that was against but he was on the brink of being subbed in the first half (worst RM I've seen) and then put to RB and owned the pitch followed by brilliant form for the rest of the year! Again I think he is a confidence player, hopefully the likes of Bridcutt and Orlandi will turn his form around come November.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Spanish Dave is quality.

The midfield was poor last night, neither Andrews or Crofts could get hold of the midfield, which left Bruno chasing around after the ball, and left the likes of Kaz and David feeding off scraps.

Spanish Dave needs the likes of Bridcutt for example to take control and establish a passing tempo in front of the defence. I actually thought Spanish Dave did well against Bolton, and was one of the reasons we turned it around second half as we started to dominate the ball.

Like last night though, if it's scrappy, then he does look lost.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
He cannot run..
He cannot tackle..
He cannot pass..

But everything else he does is brilliant! :ffsparr: What use is a player that can't do any of the above? :shrug:

And btw, he was the same last season bar a few games.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
He cannot run..
He cannot tackle..
He cannot pass..

But everything else he does is brilliant! :ffsparr: What use is a player that can't do any of the above? :shrug:

I disagree...

He can run, run away from the ball.
He can pass, pass the ball to the other team.

But you're right about not being able to tackle.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He cannot run..
He cannot tackle..
He cannot pass..

Sorry, you're wrong. That is just not true.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What he does is suit the slower, possession based approach of last season.

That might, of course, be because he isn't good enough to play the higher tempo style Oscar is looking for.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wasn't Spanish Dave gash last season when he first turned up , it took him time to come good and wasn't an instant success ?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I hope things turn out the same as last season for him. He clearly can play as proven last season but although I haven't seen him this season he does sound lost and out of form.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It was time for him to be dropped after the Reading game. Utter gash, has been all season. If he, Bruno or Agustien are anywhere near the first 11 on Saturday, serious questions need to be asked of Oscar.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Wasn't Spanish Dave gash last season when he first turned up , it took him time to come good and wasn't an instant success ?
that's how i remember it - as stated above by someone there was a game when he moved to RB (possibly a TV game?) and then he really started to find form after that.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Absolute bollocks. He completely RAN games on numerous occasions last season.

It's gone a bit Orwellian on here at the moment. NSC = Ministry of Truth. We now beat every single poor side under Gus, rarely played badly, and Spanish Dave was rubbish other than a couple of games...Historical revisionism at its finest!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He isnt really proving me wrong when i posted on here that i wasnt too happy with him resigning.

YET AGAIN he had a golden opportunity last night to score, but completely fluffed it - did the same vs Reading a game we ended up drawing. Had he scored them, we may we have had 4 more points than we do now.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He isnt really proving me wrong when i posted on here that i wasnt too happy with him resigning.

YET AGAIN he had a golden opportunity last night to score, but completely fluffed it - did the same vs Reading a game we ended up drawing. Had he scored them, we may we have had 4 more points than we do now.

Bloodyhell, noone else fluffed a chance last night or at Reading then....Ulloa, Crofts, Andrews, Barnes.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's gone a bit Orwellian on here at the moment. NSC = Ministry of Truth. We now beat every single poor side under Gus, rarely played badly, and Spanish Dave was rubbish other than a couple of games...Historical revisionism at its finest!

My favourite one is that Murray was absolute shit for us in his first 2 seasons, before turning it on for a new contract. He scored at a rate of 1 in 2 in ALL 3 seasons.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Spanish Dave is quality.

The midfield was poor last night, neither Andrews or Crofts could get hold of the midfield, which left Bruno chasing around after the ball, and left the likes of Kaz and David feeding off scraps.

Spanish Dave needs the likes of Bridcutt for example to take control and establish a passing tempo in front of the defence. I actually thought Spanish Dave did well against Bolton, and was one of the reasons we turned it around second half as we started to dominate the ball.

I don't know what game you were at because Bruno and Dave have been shite all season. As for Crofts who has been one of our better players this season and Andrews, who also has been consistently good, they were the ones covering for Bruno who in the past two games has been shit. Bruno and Dave are ok when the game is easy but they disappear when you have to fight for a win.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Spanish Dave is quality.

I think he's had a few good games this season. He is playing further back this season which isn't helping him but he is still showing some moments of real class.

He missed pre season done has had a lot less time playing under Oscar then most of the rest of the team. He will improve.

He could probably do with Orlandi back to play with him. They were very good together last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here