Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain in crisis

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I disagree. The Euro had its faults but these are now being addressed. I have much more faith in Merkel and the Euro than I do in Osborne and the pound. To a degree I think it's futile debating the merits at the moment as so much is going on but in 4-5 years time I believe continental Europe will be strong. Where we will be I have no idea but a total lack of investment, education and training of the next generation tells me it will not be good.
No, you're side-stepping the issue - and also sounding like Kenneth Clarke. You're also obfuscating it by talking about a British lack of investment education and training, where I totally agree with you. The Euro however has been a disaster. Period. It was a disaster because it was introduced simply as a political tool, and when the gaping flaws in it where pointed out and the politicians were told it wouldn't work they answered "It will work because we'll make it work." The flawed Euro project has caused very real anguish in Greece and Spain and just to airily dismiss that as 'faults that are being addressed' is, well, I'll be polite and say it's your European idealism overriding any sense of social conscience. How much more damage will be done before they 'sort it out'?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought we might be able to sign Tomer Hemed from Mallorca.

Shirely that deserves a an non google compliant swear?

Where the fook did I get that from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here