Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Space X launch, Sat 30 May 20:22 BST

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I thought that the ISS was meant to be very visible tonight, and that’s what we all saw?

Over to the NSC space experts.

The Dragon is very small compared to the ISS I had to use Binos to even find it as the sky was still light.. it appeared to be a lot faster than the ISS.
The ISS was quite bright tonight so if looking in the right direction is probably what most people saw

Use this site to follow the ISS and satelites, it even encompasses Google street view and a sky map so you know exactly where to look and at what time.
https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Probably an aircraft, all you see for the ISS is a bright white light and its silent.....you wont hear a thing....also flashing red is probably a nav light or anti col light on an aircraft.

It was not an aircraft

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
space stat.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Dragon is very small compared to the ISS I had to use Binos to even find it as the sky was still light.. it appeared to be a lot faster than the ISS.
The ISS was quite bright tonight so if looking in the right direction is probably what most people saw

Use this site to follow the ISS and satelites, it even encompasses Google street view and a sky map so you know exactly where to look and at what time.
https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/

This......have seen the ISS several times over the last month - that was the slower, very bright object.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
......and now moving back into daylight......capsule holding about 240 metres from the ISS, crew about to have a bash at some manual manoeuvres.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Something strangely comforting about watching the commander of the ISS preparing to open the hatch to let the Dragon crew in, and having to use a roll of duck tape to secure some things in a plastic bag before sticking them in a cupboard [emoji23][emoji23]

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Probably Aliens then because it was definitely NOT the ISS

I never said it was the ISS. Space X went virtually directly over where I am in the Czech Republic according to NASA so maybe that?

It was a sight to behold but sorry I feckin asked now.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here