Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Space X launch, Sat 30 May 20:22 BST

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Imagine if you’d told someone 100 years ago this would be possible, science is really impossibly clever isn’t it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be fair, they should have learned how to this well in 2020 after the 1960's moon landings and the shuttle disasters.
When we meet the aliens I will get excited.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I asked my partner this - he used to work at EAC and is generally a space fanatic.

He says it's just discarded.

I could be wrong, but I think they said the plan is to make the whole thing reusable in the future, unless I misunderstood what someone on the NASA YouTube stream I was watching said.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I could be wrong, but I think they said the plan is to make the whole thing reusable in the future, unless I misunderstood what someone on the NASA YouTube stream I was watching said.
Yep, I think that is the hope for the future.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Imagine if you’d told someone 100 years ago this would be possible, science is really impossibly clever isn’t it.

It took the human race until 1903 to manage sustained powered flight, 66 years later they were on the moon and only a the cone of the spaceship came back. Now most of it is reusable. What struck me was how 21st century everything looks. From mission control with just basic tables and monitors to the actual interior of the spacecraft. Remember the Apollo space craft and the bank of dials and lights.

D

Deleted member 22389

Cnt Trump on bbc news, aiming for reflected glory.

Switched over to CNN, Trump free zone,

Why not, this probably would not have happened without the support of the government funding NASA again. Let's not ruin the thread with bloody politics.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It took the human race until 1903 to manage sustained powered flight, 66 years later they were on the moon and only a the cone of the spaceship came back. Now most of it is reusable. What struck me was how 21st century everything looks. From mission control with just basic tables and monitors to the actual interior of the spacecraft. Remember the Apollo space craft and the bank of dials and lights.

The complexity of everything involved with this mission, made to look so easy by technology. Makes it even more staggering and unbelievable that over 50 years ago man landed on the moon with such ‘basic’ gear and technology, it’s simply staggering.

I’m only in my mid twenties but witnessing that has really blown my mind.

D

Deleted member 22389

He made it political by showing up, always with angle to further his career.

So what. Are you interested in space or just using this thread to moan about Trump. Move on and just enjoy it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Here’s the inside of Boeing Starliner Capsule which they hope will take Astronauts upto the ISS next year
f54731b3e620c8770b20c24478de1092.jpg

It seats 7 and lands in the dessert with rockets rather than parachutes into the ocean.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
So excuse my ignorance but what have I just seen? And heard! ISS or Space X?

I'm in Southern Czech Rep. and saw it flashing red. Heard it before I saw it. Massive wow moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here