Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Soyboy

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Soyboy - Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies.

Is this term homophobic?

No, my take on it is it's used to describe male "snowflake" millennials who sit in Costa with an apple Macbook, female tight jeans, whilst having soy milk with their coffee and insisting everything is vegan (basically a 2020 version of a hipster) - Not homophobic.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I've said this before but now there's a whole thread for it!

Soyboy is a term used by internet trolls, conservatives, incels, the far right/nazis/white supremacists. (See also; cuck)
If you were to draw a big venn diagram of all the people who use the term the bit in the middle connecting them all would me 'Male Losers Online'.

Pastafarian, Two Professors, PPF (Das Reich), Chicken Run, Spence seem to enjoy using the term.

Posted this video before too but it's so good. If you don't know the guy in it, he's Paul Joseph Watson, a pin up boy for a lot of sad angry men. Here he is shilling snake oil to those very same angry men. He helped popularise the term soy boy. As you can see he's really cool. :lol:

[tweet]926546199011786752[/tweet]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I am. Are you?
But you purposely try to take this off topic.

You’ve posted 496 replies since you joined this board in 2018 and only 27 are about anything to do with football ffs you’ve spent most of your time here irritating people about your views on Brexit, General Elections and Soy Boys

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Edit and as we speak your busily trawling through my 17 year NSC history [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You’ve posted 496 replies since you joined this board in 2018 and only 27 are about anything to do with football ffs you’ve spent most of your time here irritating people about your views on Brexit, General Elections and Soy Boys

Edit and as we speak your busily trawling through my 17 year NSC history [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

*cough*

you’re.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Soyboy - Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies.

Is this term homophobic?

Interesting one this, not heard of it till you highlighted it.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
My rule of thumb is if you find yourself in a situation where one side is screaming gammons and incels and the other side is screaming soyboy and cuck, then withdrawal is the best option. They may as well be screaming into mirrors, because they’re so alike even though they think they’re each other’s worst enemies.

Nothing positive or constructive comes from these interactions. It’s like watching Rik and Vivian from the Young Ones yelling poof and virgin at each other, which is essentially what soyboy and incel mean.

I guess some people feed off the negative energy; they certainly seem pleased with themselves and think they have the moral high ground, although reading the username of the person who started this thread, irony seems to be lost on them.

But with these Internet left-right slanging matches, I’m always reminded of the computer in WarGames who said, “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Is this term homophobic?

First use on NSC was by old droopy. Nothing more to be said.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No, my take on it is it's used to describe male "snowflake" millennials who sit in Costa with an apple Macbook, female tight jeans, whilst having soy milk with their coffee and insisting everything is vegan (basically a 2020 version of a hipster) - Not homophobic.

That would be soya milk, not soy, no?

I think it is more to do with the theory that high soy levels in diets can lower testosterone. This has been attributed to low sex drives amongst males in some Asian countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Whilst you are probably right, isn't it a bit pots and kettles if you are accusing him /her of trawling through your post history?
Albeit yours would take longer :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Whilst you are probably right, isn't it a bit pots and kettles if you are accusing him /her of trawling through your post history?
Albeit yours would take longer :)

Nah I just know the gammon would have a look through mine until he realised how many years of my life I’ve wasted being on here [emoji23]

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I’ve not been able to figure out yet if people use this term in a deliberately ironic way or not?

What kind of manchild must you be to use ‘soyboy’ in a serious way, and not be self mocking?!

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
To be honest, being a vegan (I know, how dare i say so) I’ve only ever seen the term used in a funny way by other vegans to describe themselves. Never heard the homosexual slant before. Maybe not being in the UK with its seemingly toxic atmosphere is shielding me from such things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here