Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Railway issues

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
SATURDAY 04 FEBRUARY 2012 - MAINLINE DISRUPTION - Update 08.27

Due to a broken down train at Three Bridges and signalling problems at Gatwick a reduced Southern service will operate between Horsham and Gatwick and between Brighton and Victoria.

A rail replacement bus service is in operation from Horsham to Gatwick and from Haywards Heath to Gatwick. Metrobus and London buses are accepting Southern tickets on bus routes 10, 100 and 405.

Hope it dont effect some of ya to much

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Southern Railway

All sorts of problems on the trains today also on Coastway West and SR getting their excuses in early for carnage tomorrow with snow :lol::lol::lol:

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
The track between Brighton and Falmer isn't that long. How many problems can they possibly have?

bognorandy

Aug 5, 2008
Bognor Regis
Just looked at southern trains website and noticed there is only a good service on the Oxted and Redhill routes everything else has disruption or part closures. So glad gave up with trains now use Seagulls Travel which I highly recommend to anyone. No pushing shoving over crowding, no missing game by leaving early and to top it all back home in Bognor quicker than the train! Only downside is get to stadium too early sometimes, for Newcastle game almost two hours before kick off!!!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
AS everyone KNOWS I have more SAUCES than Heinz and there is NOTHING affecting travel to Falmer at the moment. Line still closed Havant to Pompey but their GAME is OFF and London to Brighton line running OK now.

IS there ANY team NEWS from your SAUCES today?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm getting used to it.
Ore station has been closed for some weeks now and will remain closed until at least the end of March. Meanwhile, there's a bus replacement service from Hastings going to Bexhill for the Falmer trains at weekends at the moment. I haven't checked how long this latter disruption is going to last for.

Meanwhile, there's a bus replacement service from Hastings going to Bexhill for the Falmer trains at weekends at the moment. I haven't checked how long this latter disruption is going to last for.

Just this weekend, by the look of the Southern website.

Engineering work between Bexhill and Hastings on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 February 2012
Buses replace trains between Bexhill and Hastings / Ore.

Planned improvements and delay information : Southern

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
There were engineering works last week between Hastings & Bexhill. It actually improved the service to Falmer. The fast diesel from Ashford to Brighton was changed to an electric, starting from Bexhill, with extra carriages & stopped at Falmer. The diesel doesn't usually stop there. Bexhill to Falmer in 50 minutes! :) Same this weekend according to the timetable.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Someone at work said the Transport Minister visited Hastings last week by train from London and on stepping off at Hastings, said : " That was a long journey !"

"No shit Sherlock !" Immediately springs to mind.

I'm not holding my breath for any improvements though. We really are out on a limb down here for transport links, buy hey ho.

Someone at work said the Transport Minister visited Hastings last week by train from London and on stepping off at Hastings, said : " That was a long journey !"

"No shit Sherlock !" Immediately springs to mind.

I'm not holding my breath for any improvements though. We really are out on a limb down here for transport links, buy hey ho.

Another of the Transport Ministers is, of course, none other than our old mate, Norman Baker. At weekends, he moonlights as a local radio DJ. And occasionally has trouble with the trains.

Norman misses Seahvaen show

31st Oct: Norman's Radio Show Derailed ... and Debussed!

Listeners who tuned into Norman Baker's regular Sunday programme on Seahaven FM, Anything Goes, yesterday will have been surprised to hear a selection of music from the station's automatic jukebox rather than Norman himself. It is the first programme he has missed in close on two years with the station.

Norman explains: "When I arrived at Lewes station, I found to my dismay that engineering works meant there were no trains to Seaford, although the day before, the station had only been warning of engineering works between Bexhill and Ashford. I then went out to take the rail replacement bus only to find it had broken down and the rail replacement bus itself would have to be replaced by a bus replacement bus! I couldn't even drive to Seaford as my wife had taken the car.

"I am sorry to disappoint my regular listeners, but Southern willing, I will be back next Sunday at 10am as usual."

Seahaven FM can be found on 96.3FM and online. Norman's programme, Anything Goes, is broadcast live from 10am to noon every Sunday, and repeated at 11pm on Thursday evenings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here