Southern Rail STRIKE details

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
So important that 70% of the worlds railways can do without it and suffer no problems whatsoever. Yep, that'll be the one. Anyway Southern have just had a huge recruitment drive to appoint hundreds of new On Board Supervisors. Doing the job of the guard for cheaper. Makes good business sense to me. So you're not having your jobs automated, you are being gotten rid of for a cheaper option.

This is a meaningless statement. Maybe 70% of railways are suitable for DOO and 30% aren't.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Exactly, get the DfT and Grayling to explain their actions too

Completely agree. I really wanted this to fail in court so it has to show SASTAS hand now. It was always going to be the drivers that made people sit up and take notice (sorry)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Southern drivers' strike to go ahead after court ruling

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38255751

The courts are where this thing will be increasingly played out from here on in, IMHO, over the heads of GTR and their dodgy paymasters DfT, who lest we forget, are supposed to represent US. Would expect the club to be right there in the thick of court proceedings if SASTA dare reproduce v Leeds a repetition of the Villa debacle. Pathetic that it's all come down to this, but there you go.:shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's a shame the guards and drivers don't have some pride in their service and take the attitude of "Okay well, our jobs are at risk but we will make damned sure people get to whwre they need to be, that's what we signed on for, that's our duty". No. We get. "I may have to go and find a new job so I'll stamp my feet and ruin everyone else's lives".

Big babies.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Southern drivers' strike to go ahead after court ruling

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38255751

The courts are where this thing will be increasingly played out from here on in, IMHO, over the heads of GTR and their dodgy paymasters DfT, who lest we forget, are supposed to represent US. Would expect the club to be right there in the thick of court proceedings if SASTA dare reproduce v Leeds a repetition of the Villa debacle. Pathetic that it's all come down to this, but there you go.:shrug:

slightly running out of time though .... for the Leeds match that is

albionite

May 20, 2009
It's a shame the guards and drivers don't have some pride in their service and take the attitude of "Okay well, our jobs are at risk but we will make damned sure people get to whwre they need to be, that's what we signed on for, that's our duty". No. We get. "I may have to go and find a new job so I'll stamp my feet and ruin everyone else's lives".

Big babies.

Shame you don't have a clue what you are talking about

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Big babies.

Go away, you're just making a fool of yourself

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Amusing watching the rail workers try to defend their actions. Save it, the jig is up. We all know the score. Get back to work.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Amusing watching the rail workers try to defend their actions. Save it, the jig is up. We all know the score. Get back to work.

No chance ...... the RMT work when they want. It all reminds me of Citizen Smith....and the Strawbs

Now I'm a union man
Amazed at what I am
I say what I think, that the company stinks
Yes I'm a union man

When we meet in the local hall
I'll be voting with them all
With a hell of a shout, it's "Out brothers, out!"
And the rise of the companies fall

Oh, you don't get me, I'm part of the union
You don't get me, I'm part of the union
Til the day I die
Til the day I die

As a union man I'm wise
To the lies of the company spies
And I don't get fooled by the factory rules
'Cause I always read between the lines

And I always get my way
If I strike for higher pay
When I show my card to the Scotland Yard
And this is what I say:

Oh, oh, you don't get me, I'm part of the union
Til the day I die
Til the day I die

Before the union did appear
My life was half as clear
Now I've got the power to the working hour
And every other day of the year

So though I'm a working man
I can ruin the government's plan
I'm not too hard, but the sight of my card
Makes me some kind of superman

Oh, oh, oh, you don't get me, I'm part of the union
Til the day I die
Til the day I die

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Joining an industry such as transport, especially rail, at a time in history (late 20th/early 21st century) when technology is advancing so rapidly and expecting that industry and that role to stay the same or even exist is really very naive indeed. But that can be forgiven. Throwing your toys out of the pram when the inevitable happens and negatively impacting hundreds of thousands of working people's lives and deflecting the blame on everyone but themselves cannot.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Joining an industry such as transport, especially rail, at a time in history (late 20th/early 21st century) when technology is advancing so rapidly and expecting that industry and that role to stay the same or even exist is really very naive indeed. But that can be forgiven. Throwing your toys out of the pram when the inevitable happens and negatively impacting hundreds of thousands of working people's lives and deflecting the blame on everyone but themselves cannot.

You need to stop taking those bitter pills, bad for your health

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

By this post, you have shown you know nothing about the situation. Absolutely nothing.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It'll be a very interesting day tomorrow, among other things, as to what 'service' there is on the Southern network as a whole and what level of match-day 'service' is advised and what level occurs.

I'm pleased I wont be using the train tomorrow, good luck to those that are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports