Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
A ticket from a to b !! Ok it was probably supposed to be on a certain time train, but if they have a history of being cancelled, how can a guard have the balls to throw her off a train ? It's disgusting !!

Us customers have been ****ed about for ages now, what right does some jobsworth have to throw a girl and a disabled child off a train because their ticket isn't valid on the train for an already disrupted service ?

Scum

Abuse never helped any situation, soon as you use the term jobsworth you fail the attitude test. It's a shame that people don't realise that if you abuse someone you're less likely to get what you want rather than a polite request.
I guess if I walked into your place of work and berated you for your managements failings, called you scum and a jobsworth then you'd just sit there and take it ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Abuse never helped any situation, soon as you use the term jobsworth you fail the attitude test. It's a shame that people don't realise that if you abuse someone you're less likely to get what you want rather than a polite request.
I guess if I walked into your place of work and berated you for your managements failings, called you scum and a jobsworth then you'd just sit there and take it ?

I think he was just asking for some common sense. Sadly your former colleagues do seem to lack this from time to time. Hearts and minds etc etc

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I think he was just asking for some common sense. Sadly your former colleagues do seem to lack this from time to time. Hearts and minds etc etc

It depends really , if someone gets on says politely I think this ticket isn't valid but because of the delays I need to travel now I'd say 99% if not all of times the Conductor would ok it. If someone gets on, either doesn't say anything and waits for their ticket to be checked or gives out the verbals 'jobsworth' etc then more than likely they would have difficulties.

It's nothing to do with railways , more to do with life and if you are polite and reasonable you're more likely to have less problems getting help than if you go around abusing people and having a go at them for the faults of their managers.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It depends really , if someone gets on says politely I think this ticket isn't valid but because of the delays I need to travel now I'd say 99% if not all of times the Conductor would ok it. If someone gets on, either doesn't say anything and waits for their ticket to be checked or gives out the verbals 'jobsworth' etc then more than likely they would have difficulties.

It's nothing to do with railways , more to do with life and if you are polite and reasonable you're more likely to have less problems getting help than if you go around abusing people and having a go at them for the faults of their managers.

100% correct. I don't know of any guard who if you seek them out with a not strictly valid ticket and ask if it's ok to travel won't be fine. But if you sit there (with for arguments sake a ticket for a 10.00 train and it's 16.00 which has saved the user £20) and wait for the guard to come and then call him a jobsworth then you may face trouble (not saying this is what happened in this case of course).

S

smileyweb

None of the tickets machines in the Horsham area are taking cards, today, so the only people you can get a ticket from (if you don't want to queue for ages when you get to London) are train guards.

When I said "It's nice to be popular", as a queue formed behind me, the guard on my train said "Yeah, but I'll be hated again tomorrow."

:-(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Going to London tomorrow for my first choo-choo train ride in yonks, what's the latest?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
does anyone on here know what's happening now, into 7th week of 'temporary' timetable, all gone quiet RMT and Southern

Like I say back door Beeching. This will soon be "the norm"

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
cost cutting , cost cutting , cost cutting.....it's all well and good , clearly not a "rail service" any more .......do these companies lease the rolling stock off the govt. on a contract , who pays for the billions of pounds(?no doubt) worth of repairs and upkeep of the ageing rail system.....?? can't we get the emirate states to plough money into the rail system , clearly all the english multi millionaires are saving their pennies for extra lube and but plugs , copies of razzle and s& m gear......!!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Many years ago my grandad offered his seat to a lady and he stood up by the slam door. She hadn't shut it and he fell out! Some minor brain damage but at least he survived!

A mate of mine got caught in a slam door and fell under the rain and it pulled off. Both legs amputated.

Seems like slam doors weren't that great to me!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37168008

Workers on Southern trains are to stage a 48-hour strike on 7 and 8 September in the continuing dispute over the role of guards, the RMT union has announced.

The union is fighting plans by Southern owner Govia Thameslink (GTR) to turn conductors into "on-board supervisors", with drivers taking over responsibility for opening and closing carriage doors.

Services have been disrupted for months due to industrial action.

Changes to the role of guards were imposed from Sunday.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014

Politeness and patience works both ways though. The Southern customers have had the piss taken out of them by both Southern and the RMT union for months now.

Bridges have been burnt on both customer and employee sides it's probably fair to say.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Politeness and patience works both ways though. The Southern customers have had the piss taken out of them by both Southern and the RMT union for months now.

Bridges have been burnt on both customer and employee sides it's probably fair to say.

I'm talking about personal abuse, when someone is simply doing their job and somebody sees fit to hurl abuse at them then that is not on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here