Southend goals

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Fragmented Badger said:
It surely won't be anything to do with the fact Wilkins sent on an unfit defender with minutes remaining as we were defending a corner:nono:

So are you saying that Tank was at fault for the goals then?

1066gull

Race said:
So are you saying that Tank was at fault for the goals then?
Wouldn't guess he was the direct fault, but I think it was a poor substitution, and I am confident Dean Wilkins will learn from this, and thought 'maybe I could of dealt it better'.

Whereas McGhee....

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fragmented Badger said:
No, not at all. I didn't go to the game, and I only had half my attention on the radio. He may have been nowhere near the goal, let alone the ball, for all I know when the ball hit the net x 3. My point is what the hell is Wilkins playing at throwing on a bloke who hasn't played all season, and is coming back from a reasonably serious injury at a time when:

1) The game is tight
2) We are DEFENDING a corner
3) He cannot possibly be match fit after such a lay off
4) Southend are a better team than us, hence are likely to provide not the most comfortable of returns

Now it just seems a totally ludicrous moment to put Butters on. It simply wasn't the right time, you cannot expect a player to return to such a vital position after an absence into such a high pressure situation and to still win the game 1-0. Also, we were 3-1 up against 10 men with 20 minutes to go on Saturday. Surely to GOD that was the time to give him a gentle run out. He could have strolled around against Orient, knocked the ball around a bit, and got back into action the easy way. Compare that to the situation we found ourselves in tonight, and I am shocked at that substitution.

As I said, I don't know who was involved in the goals tonight, but I do feel that substitution by Wilkins may have cost us. It's his first black mark in my book of judgment on him:)

Blimey, i disagreed with you on MSN, but you've hit the nail on the head rather well there!

:clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Adriodinho said:
Wouldn't guess he was the direct fault, but I think it was a poor substitution, and I am confident Dean Wilkins will learn from this, and thought 'maybe I could of dealt it better'.

Whereas McGhee....

Wheras McGhee you would be calling a 'f*cking pr*ck lardy jock arse clown bla bla bla bla'.

:nono: :nono:

1066gull

Withdean Wanderer said:
Wheras McGhee you would be calling a 'f*cking pr*ck lardy jock arse clown bla bla bla bla'.

:nono: :nono:
No, McGhee would blame everyone else expect him.

Kuipers would be my bet.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Adriodinho said:
No, McGhee would blame everyone else expect him.

Kuipers would be my bet.

So you are a mind reader now. Wilkins would "think" better than McGhee? And you know that McGhee would blame others, whereas Wilkins says f*ck all on the subject and so get's away with it?

Christ, you could be a rich man with skills like that:glare:

1066gull

Withdean Wanderer said:
So you are a mind reader now. Wilkins would "think" better than McGhee? And you know that McGhee would blame others, whereas Wilkins says f*ck all on the subject and so get's away with it?

Christ, you could be a rich man with skills like that:glare:
Since when has Dean Wilkins been the guy going around blaming other people other than himself?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Adriodinho said:
Since when has Dean Wilkins been the guy going around blaming other people other than himself?

Wilkins has had FOUR f*cking games, and he's only lost once!!

I don't think McGhee made excuses in his first 4 games. We got absolutely massacred by Bristol and he was quite honest about it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports