Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton Vs Leicester

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There's no argument we were utterly shit tonight. Fair enough injuries but the lack of application was poor.

That said we are missing by far our best attacker (RL), midfielder (Lallana) and defender (Fonte). With them back, maybe some signings and some confidence, we'll be the team we were.

But seriously guys, 7 pages. Dear me. Is our plight that important to you? Saints fans really couldnt care how you get on.

Not more signings? You already had a wage bill bigger than turnover, overspending, and still came second to the CHAMPIONES.

Surely if the actuary/undertaker :yawn: is such a great manager & coach, he can make do with the expensively paid squad.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Not more signings? You already had a wage bill bigger than turnover, overspending, and still came second to the CHAMPIONES.

Surely if the actuary/undertaker :yawn: is such a great manager & coach, he can make do with the expensively paid squad.

This is all factually incorrect. Our wage is around 75% of turnover I believe, you have a greater net spend over the last 3 years than us (5th in the league I believe) and we're ahead of you where it matters. We had 5 players out, I wasn't expecting a win, but that was shambolic. BY FAR the worst we've been all season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is all factually incorrect. Our wage is around 75% of turnover I believe, you have a greater net spend over the last 3 years than us (5th in the league I believe) and we're ahead of you where it matters. We had 5 players out, I wasn't expecting a win, but that was shambolic. BY FAR the worst we've been all season.
:lolol: So a team averaging 6-7,000 at home for two of those seasons has spent MORE than your team who spunked an absoute fortune the season after you got relegated to league one? That is the stupidest thing you have ever said on here.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton

Excuses, someone remind me how many players we had out for the game at the Amex?

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
:lolol: So a team averaging 6-7,000 at home for two of those seasons has spent MORE than your team who spunked an absoute fortune the season after you got relegated to league one? That is the stupidest thing you have ever said on here.

22%2BSouthampton%2BTransfers%2BLast%2B3%2BYears.jpg

I fully expect you to retract that statement...

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
There's three threads about Newcastle, one about Villa and another about Spurs. You're scraping the barrel now.

The Newcastle threads and Villa threads are Albion related - relating to this weekends game and a previous Bton Villa encounter. There now appears to be four Saints threads, all of which nothing to do with Albion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
22%2BSouthampton%2BTransfers%2BLast%2B3%2BYears.jpg

I fully expect you to retract that statement...

Interesting, is that just money spent whilst IN the Championship? If so does it include transfers out?

Didn't most of your spend on players come last season and the season before in League One so may not be included?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I've recorded Avatar on my Sky box (still having not seen it) and am not sure if I should watch it for fear that it is shit. Any recommendations? Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll just ask in here.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The Newcastle threads and Villa threads are Albion related - relating to this weekends game and a previous Bton Villa encounter. There now appears to be four Saints threads, all of which nothing to do with Albion.

Paranoiaaaaaaa...... Tick Tock

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
That's NET transfer spend though rather than gross and without just Oxlade-Chamberlain's receipts you'd be up that little table with us.
Yes, but still behind you by a couple hundred thousand. AOC is the only player we've had go out, albeit for a massive sum.

Interesting, is that just money spent whilst IN the Championship? If so does it include transfers out?

Didn't most of your spend on players come last season and the season before in League One so may not be included?

If you read the title, it's for the last 3 years. Yes it includes transfers out. Off the top of my head we've spent:

Richardson £350k
Fonte £1.2million
Hooiveld £1.2million
Fox £1.7million
De Ridder £1million
Cork £750k
Hammond £300k
Lambert £1million
Barnard £1million
Guly £800k

Haven't added it up but between £8-9million.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Have you got a wages drawing too?

Only for us

20%2BSouthampton%2BWages%2Bto%2BTurnover.jpg

On the 2011 graph, the difference between turnover and wages is greater, although this hasn't been factored in as the chap that's done this doesn't have access to the cash flow.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Only for us

20%2BSouthampton%2BWages%2Bto%2BTurnover.jpg

On the 2011 graph, the difference between turnover and wages is greater, although this hasn't been factored in as the chap that's done this doesn't have access to the cash flow.

I'd "wager" your wage bill is sky high compared to ours. Jaidi on 20k pw apparently

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton

One of those 4 is about how one of your "fans" is telling Nugent to go and "Gary Speed" himself.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

Sorry whay exactly are we arguing about now?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I've recorded Avatar on my Sky box (still having not seen it) and am not sure if I should watch it for fear that it is shit. Any recommendations? Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll just ask in here.
If you have wide screen and good sound then yes as its a visual spectacular but little else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here