Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Excellent result and excellent performance. What on earth have Southampton been working on for a month?!

Will be fascinating if we score first at Goodison next week. Their fans could really turn if they go behind to little old Brighton.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Perv MOM. Thought he had his best game for us today and seems to be getting better and better. Great signing.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
MOTM for me was March, a wonder strike, one definite assist and another more dubious “assist”, should’ve had a third (second?) assist for Mitoma’s dreadful miss.

He was absolutely electric this afternoon.

Spotters badges for Groß, Caicedo and Colwill in particular, but really everyone played well except Trossard, who looked like he’d rather be anywhere else today.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Adam Lallana

"It was thoroughly enjoyable, it is never easy to see out games and there were moments - especially when they scored the penalty - where we had a funny five minutes."

"But I thought we were outstanding. Some of the play was enjoyable, we gave them problems and it nice to come back home and win."

On the impact of boss Roberto de Zerbi since he replaced Graham Potter:

"The biggest thing since Roberto has come in is the amount of tactical work he does."

"We thought they would play five at the back but then the teamsheets dropped and it was four. So we had another meeting of where he wants us to be and when you come onto the pitch and it works it is such a good feeling."

"He is obsessed with coaching, probably the most obsessed I've worked with."

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
rdz.jpg

Roberto de Zerbi

"I am happy because we won the game and we played very well."

"I'm angry only for the yellow card for Moises Caicedo because he can't play [in the next game]. But for my players in terms of quality of play I am very happy."

"The game was always in control, I think we could score more goals in the first part of the second half and close the game."

"But Southampton are a good team and every game in the Premier League you have to fight in every game."

"We have a lot of younger players and it is not easy for them to understand my demands, but we have older players - like Lallana, Gross and Veltman - who are very smart and can help the younger ones."

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
What a great way to resume the season. We never looked like dropping points, and great that Solly got his goal, hopefully give him some confidence moving forward. Love how the guys are playing for each other under RDZ, and praise to him also for how his philosophy is slowly but surely coming to fruition.

You are next Arsenal!:bloom:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here