Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
DT picking up on one of the many afternoon highlights

The final 3-1 scoreline was, if anything, generous to a Southampton side who were 3-0 down within 56 minutes and are now rock bottom of the Premier League. As well as pointing out that the “South Coast is ours”, fans of Brighton gleefully chanted, “We want our ball back” on the rare occasions that they did lose possession, with further salt rubbed in Southampton’s gaping wounds by the sight of former captain Adam Lallana scoring the opening goal.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Some of the best football I've ever seen from an Albion side at times in that first half.

Glimmers of world class stuff that Man City etc would be proud of.

Not a perfect performance though. Still room for improvement. But whatever we did in that Spain training camp is very impressive.
Hoddle said as much. "If u put a light blue shirt on this Brighton team, you would have thought you were watching Man City"

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We were brilliant. Southampton look doomed.

Pascal effortlessly played an Alexis M game. Solly deserved Mom but it was a complete team performance. Sanchez taking no prisoners was a bonus.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If Mitoma had scored that header in the second we could've easily scored 6. They just about clawed on but it felt like an absolute drubbing was coming at times. I don't think we got out of third gear, as well as we played. Shows how much progress we've made over the last year or so. They were awful. As bad as anyone I've seen in this league.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hoddle said as much. "If u put a light blue shirt on this Brighton team, you would have thought you were watching Man City"
Exactly my point on the striker thread, for which I was lampooned! — Under RZD, inspired by the likes of Pep and Klopp, today showed really well how we are developing an effective goal-scoring system of possession, passing, deep based counter-attacking football where Tross played a false 9 in an attacking midfielder central position taking on the CB and caused the defence to compact towards the centre which the created space for our attacking wingbacks to get wide behind the defence to do the damage and put in the crosses as well as allowing for some great intricate and one-touch passing in the final third - very impressive tactically and technically . I thought Lallana was brilliant as a pivot too and made it very difficult for the Saints to spread wide themselves enough to stop our press. Apart from March, Webster and Veltman shone for me today too as did Mitoma despite the few off target shots on goal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
March, Webster and Veltman shone for me today too as did Mitoma despite the few off target shots on goal.
🧐 someone’s been on the beers!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Screen is a good point - the one at Saints is absolutely useless. They just keep showing ads all the time, couldn’t even work out who had been subbed on/off (for them) because it wasn’t shown, and the lineups only appeared sporadically. JD Sports have a sale on though, apparently :shrug:
I gather they're offering to pay adults £35 to attend their match against Forest.
DT picking up on one of the many afternoon highlights

The final 3-1 scoreline was, if anything, generous to a Southampton side who were 3-0 down within 56 minutes and are now rock bottom of the Premier League. As well as pointing out that the “South Coast is ours”, fans of Brighton gleefully chanted, “We want our ball back” on the rare occasions that they did lose possession, with further salt rubbed in Southampton’s gaping wounds by the sight of former captain Adam Lallana scoring the opening goal.
I walked past one of their fans on my way to my car who was saying it summed up their season, and seemed convinced they deserved something from the game. Maybe I'm being unfair and he went on to say something that made sense, but I hurried past in case whatever delusion he's suffering from is contagious.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is Trossard, not a centre forward, being compared with Ferguson who is a centre foreward?

i thought The Lana was shite and disinterested when he went in goal - Sanchez is a much better keeper.

i do hope those digging out Trossard don't also dig out x, y, & z, when they dare to write 'we need a striker'.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why is Trossard, not a centre forward, being compared with Ferguson who is a centre foreward?

i thought The Lana was shite and disinterested when he went in goal - Sanchez is a much better keeper.

i do hope those digging out Trossard don't also dig out x, y, & z, when they dare to write 'we need a striker'.
…always has to be a scapegoat/target. Sad.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton win and score 3 away, Palace lose and let in 3 at home and have 2 sent off.
Who says there's no Father Christmas!
A mate (Fulham fan) went with a palace supporting mate but sat in the holmesdale with him. Said the atmosphere was piss poor and natives restless. They can crow all they like about their so-called atmosphere but we all know it's just as shit as anywhere else when things aren't rosy

Add to that the fact that like Man city of the last few seasons before this we regularly play now with a false nine the comparison seems more valid ( only a single league goal from a forward this season)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Good day, nice to the the Stains lot having an internal scrap.

Am ambivalent about the drum, it DID work at times.

Home by 1915, settled for Detectorists.

Played well, even allowing for the slight deflection on March's great hit.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Is Caicedo banned from the next game due to his booking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here