Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What's that all about

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Why dont we have another younster on bench instead of 2 keepers

We always travel with 3 keepers, if another player has pulled out of the squad very late it may have been too late to get anyone in to replace them (depending on when we traveled, what covid protocols the club are following etc). So we've named the other keeper that has traveled instead. It's not the first time we've done this

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So, now who'll go in goal if Sanchez goes off injured or red-carded after we've used all our subs?

If he’s on, Locadia. Not much use for anything else, might as well stick some gloves on him and tell him to get in the way of it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I won't lie, a Dunk and Websterless defence worries me. That said, the gamehasn't started so positivity can reign supreme - Ally Mac to score the winner off the bench.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why dont we have another younster on bench instead of 2 keepers

Because they all played yesterday (apart from Ferguson, who is injured)?

Is Dunk injured? - Albion Matchday page is giving nothing away, just a terse comment that Dunk is not in the squad.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Please please please don’t put DJ Donkey on Me Potter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I won't lie, a Dunk and Websterless defence worries me. That said, the gamehasn't started so positivity can reign supreme - Ally Mac to score the winner off the bench.

I'll be honest, I'm not bothered about Webster, but it's a shame about Dunk. Having said that, we've got three incredibly experienced centre backs behind two of the most mobile wing backs and Bissouma in the spine. Gross for guile, Mwepu for unpredictability and Trossard with Maupay. Surely this is strong enough for a win, especially with Mac Allister, March, Moder and Connolly available to freshen things up. I'm confident.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Blimey, looks like we lost four players to injuries at West Ham, pretty unlucky that. Thankfully, the cover we've got should be up to the task.

Burn for dunk? You can’t be serious.
It’s a championship player instead of an international quality one.
We are massively depleted today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here