Southampton versus Brighton and Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Reasonable result, but the missed penalty cost me £100 on Laddies Kamar Kazei bet for tonight :angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That is an excellent result. We have had a dip in form and Southampton are one of the form teams and early favourites to win the league.

We weathered the initial storm and could have nicked a win. Bravo!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
5 games without a win now.

f*** off mate. were 6 points above 3rd place. we are always going to have poor spells in the league and cup. look at leeds last year. yer ok we could/should have another 4, 6 or 8 points but thats football.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
averaging 2 points per game but need to have a few more in hand.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
"Anyway as for the game not that happy with a draw as we deserved all 3 ponits tonite espiaclly from our frist half performance, but then again if it wasnt for Kelvins penalty save, we would off lost, so all in all i accept the point, but we deffo deseved more tonite imo... Brighton came for a draw and got it. They play so slow though which was very annoying, and try and do these triangle things from the back, but did not work at all in the first half but second hald was much better though. I do worry for Brighton to a degree though because i wonder if they have a plan B if this slow trinagle pass ball from the back stops working. I think when teams figure this out and get used to it i will they well suffer. Having said that though they got a draw tonite so fair play to them. I dont think though they ever came for the win from there tactics, so there game plan worked and fair play to them.... Can not see them winning the league though, sorry "

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
BTW what an appalling summary from the BBC:

Southampton 0 - 0 Brighton

Southampton goalkeeper Kelvin Davis was the hero as the Saints held League One leaders Brighton to a goalless draw.

Davis saved a second-half Gary Dicker spot-kick after Radhi Jaidi had pulled back Glenn Murray in the penalty area.

The Saints, who had won their last six home matches, had numerous chances, but Rickie Lambert, Jaidi, Dean Hammond and Adam Lallana all missed opportunities.

Brighton offered little apart from the penalty and have now only claimed two points from their last three games.

Surely the only bit they got right there was the Penalty Save? FFS.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
With our superior goal difference it's actually 5 points clear or 2 and 7 points clear of 3, I think.

Bournemouth in 3rd place have a goal difference of 1 less than us, if they catch up the 6 points they'll be ahead of us!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
f*** off mate. were 6 points above 3rd place. we are always going to have poor spells in the league and cup. look at leeds last year. yer ok we could/should have another 4, 6 or 8 points but thats football.

f*** off yourself dickwad. I was just pointing it out.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
"Anyway as for the game not that happy with a draw as we deserved all 3 ponits tonite espiaclly from our frist half performance, but then again if it wasnt for Kelvins penalty save, we would off lost, so all in all i accept the point, but we deffo deseved more tonite imo... Brighton came for a draw and got it. They play so slow though which was very annoying, and try and do these triangle things from the back, but did not work at all in the first half but second hald was much better though. I do worry for Brighton to a degree though because i wonder if they have a plan B if this slow trinagle pass ball from the back stops working. I think when teams figure this out and get used to it i will they well suffer. Having said that though they got a draw tonite so fair play to them. I dont think though they ever came for the win from there tactics, so there game plan worked and fair play to them.... Can not see them winning the league though, sorry "

Well, no. Not if he's in Southampton.

He'd have to come to Brighton for that... :p

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sorry. I edited my earlier meassage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports