Southampton v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Happy with the result so far... soemtimes you have to play scrappy to get a result.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Looks like we're doing the basics right, but missing some creativity. Players like Noone, Paynter and Harley seem to be a little bit indecisive at times. Need to sort it out as can't see us keeping a clean sheet all game. If only Buckley or Vicente were match fit...

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
LOL playing a risky game are we, because we are perceived to play negatively? Perhaps all the other teams to visit Stains this season were playing the risky game by not playing like us then, you f**king fool! Reserve rest of this rant about implicit contradictions in mongo saints fans till the end of the match.

Must say I'm pleased with us so far. Look solid, Navs and Bridcutt tidy, defence doing their job, CMS busy... Still waiting for us to turn into an attacking force to be reckoned with but can't say we are doing badly against the runaway leaders.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Game after game we just don't seem to threaten anymore. We're not even close to threatening. Still 2 or 3 passes away from a shot on goal.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
A draw would be a good result but getting more and more concerned with our lack of scoring opportunities. NO shots on target again :annoyed:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Saints edging it, but it is a shocking game. The only change Gus could make is Sparrow for Harley, anything else weakens the team......wtf has happened to Vicente, Buckley and Hoskins we're crying out for some pace and invention.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
in all honesty a point here will be a great result. But that has got to be one of the most negative boring 45mins of football I have ever witnessed, 0-0 is the best we can hope for...Sorry that is just not entertainment,people pay a lot of money to watch football and it is suppose to be entertainment.

I'll take a bore draw now

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Saints edging it, but it is a shocking game. The only change Gus could make is Sparrow for Harley, anything else weakens the team......wtf has happened to Vicente, Buckley and Hoskins we're crying out for some pace and invention.

true

Well through watching the game on the stream...

Southampton look quicker, stronger and more powerful than last season. The are playing out from the back more and you can see why they are top of the league. Gully Do Prado is an excellent player as is Fonte at the back yet they still have that tendancy to hoof the ball in the final third and lose possesion. This is pretty much down to the way the Albion are playing and we are organised superbly today.

Painter needs to watch his shirt pulling yet the two incidents were never penalty's. Back four, especially Greer have been excellent. The midfield has been a little overwhelmed yet are holding their own. Nooney needs to get on the ball a lot more. Let's just hope if we need a goal still that Gus doesn't give Lua Lua 5 bloody minutes again. We are as usual lacking a cuttting edge in the final third. Effectively Harley, Paynter and Navarro should be Dicker, Vicente and Buckley when fit. Paynter's passing is woeful and Harley ghosts around doing sod all on the ball. Exeter fans warned us he was a bit of an "enigma" and can appear lazy. This still does enhance that conclusion. Yet all that aside he does sod all with the ball considering he is meant to be our creative flair!

Anyway. If we keep it going we COULD snatch this! Just need to be organised and get going in the final 1/3.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I just cannot even see us creating a shot on goal which is a real shame, hoping to be proved wrong and eating humble pie by 5pm.

Adam_Banana20

Nov 14, 2011
Game isn't that bad.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Paynter has no touch today. Harsh on Tarricco though, there has been no threat from his side of the pitch, he's doing a good job.

I think you mean Paynter has no touch fullstop.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
boring game, but that suits us, Saints getting frustrated and that could work in our favour, Gus knows what he is doing.........i hope!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports