Votes: 158 81.4%
  • 😞

Votes: 36 18.6%

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Literally the only reason to even consider signing JWP is to make sure he doesn’t stink out the England team again, he doesn’t get near our team IMHO.

Take his free kicks away and he’s bang average.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A stain on the South Coast.
This isn't a question necessarily aimed at you A.R but where exactly is the South coast? Is it all the way from the tip of cornwall to the eastern edge of Kent?

It's just that whenever we play pompey, saints or bournemouth it seems to get called a south coast derby but if we play plymouth it doesn't seem to be. Is that because there's just too much distance between us or is the south coast actually a specific area that ends somewhere past Bournemouth?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This isn't a question necessarily aimed at you A.R but where exactly is the South coast? Is it all the way from the tip of cornwall to the eastern edge of Kent?

It's just that whenever we play pompey, saints or bournemouth it seems to get called a south coast derby but if we play plymouth it doesn't seem to be. Is that because there's just too much distance between us or is the south coast actually a specific area that ends somewhere past Bournemouth?
I always assumed the South Coast was from The Witterings all the way through to Shoreham.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Used to go to uni there and lived round the corner from the stadium, a sad day for me as I’ve always had a soft spot for them since my uni days.
My son is currently at Portsmouth uni, he’s Albion through and through, luckily so far he’s not even mentioned Portsmouth FC (#twats)
If he told me he had a soft spot for them I would disown him and think I’ve failed as a father. :smile: :moo:

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
My son is currently at Portsmouth uni, he’s Albion through and through, luckily so far he’s not even mentioned Portsmouth FC (#twats)
If he told me he had a soft spot for them I would disown him and think I’ve failed as a father. :smile: :moo:
Sounds fair enough. I would be prepared though, make sure you have the locksmith prepared for an emergency visit and a stockpile of bin liners to put his stuff in.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sounds fair enough. I would be prepared though, make sure you have the locksmith prepared for an emergency visit and a stockpile of bin liners to put his stuff in.
To be honest he would probably disown me if I ever suggested he went and watched one of their matches. :smile:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What about putting his free kicks into our team though ?
His all round game isn’t good enough to justify what we’d lose out on by (e.g.) dropping Gross to accommodate him with his free kicks

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I'm guessing the South Coast generically runs from the southern most part of Cornwall, to its opposite in Kent.
M23 derby being a pundits wet dream ???

Or......
Games between two rivals that are based in areas of close geographical proximity are often known as a local derby, or simply just a derby (UK: /ˈdɑːrbi/ DAR-bee, US: /ˈdɜːrbi/ DUR-bee); a sporting event between two teams from the same town, city or region.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What about putting his free kicks into our team though ?
True, our free kicks and corners especially are as bad as I have ever seen them…and I mean EVER. Might as well just give the ball to the opposition and save time :smile:

Don’t remember the last time I got even vaguely excited about us getting one

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Easy one. Stretches from Rhyl around to Hunstanton.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
My workmate is a massive Pompey fan and I knew he would be buzzing yesterday- but I couldn’t help myself, had to take the shine off it for him 😁

Text:

Great news for you mate, saints have been relegated out of our league down into yours, now you’ll get your derbies 👍👍 Oh? What’s that ? League One you say ??

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

I guess Plymouth is on the 'south-west' coastline, which probably starts just beyond Bournemouth. When you think of Dorset, do you think 'south' or 'south-west'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here