Southampton's relegation is...

• 😄

Votes: 158 81.4%
  • 😞

Votes: 36 18.6%

• Total voters

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Personally I’m not looking forward to playing them in a few weeks there a funny old mob and have very capable players don’t want them nausing it all up for us
I won’t be doing any piss taking just yet not until we bag the 3 points

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Personally I’m not looking forward to playing them in a few weeks there a funny old mob and have very capable players don’t want them nausing it all up for us
You talking about Southampton?

Their squad is terrible. JWP aside they’re only capable at being shit,

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Next Sunday fella,

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Disappointed they dropped today. Usually a team relegated before
Agree with this.

See it in every league, every season. Once relegation is confirmed and they have nothing to play for and the pressure is off, teams in this position quite regularly go on decent runs.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Rather have a southern team in PL. Anyway I cant decide if relegation is better today than when we beat them? Sometimes teams relax and play better when the pressure is off. On balance though probably better they arrive at the Amex already doomed.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I’m going to miss one of the few grounds left in the epl where you could enjoy having a couple of excellent beers in a cracking pub within easy walking distance of the ground and leave your car in their car park.

for that I’m a bit sad, but other than that, they deserved to go down for being utterly crap.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Just watching the scenes on Sky, got me thinking, have we ever gone down in this fashion, almost without a whimper?

Football League Championship, 2005-06. We finished in last place and lost our final three games, including getting thumped 1-5 at home by Stoke City on the last day of the season.

football league championship 2005-06 league table.jpg

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Football League Championship, 2005-06. We finished in last place and lost our final three games, including getting thumped 1-5 at home by Stoke City on the last day of the season.

View attachment 160865
In Mark McGhee’s defence, we had the lowest budget in the League by a country mile, (pre Tony, Dick was doing all he could but there was basically no money) he had effectively told the board this was probably the most likely outcome at both preseason and January, but unlike Peter Taylor he didn’t walk when he had the chance.

It wasn’t a whimper, I remember some real rolling up of the sleeves shifts, we just weren’t good enough.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
See it in every league, every season. Once relegation is confirmed and they have nothing to play for and the pressure is off, teams in this position quite regularly go on decent runs.
Really? Isn’t this a bit of a myth?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
When was the last time they were in a lower division than us? Must’ve been decades ago?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You’re equating something an Albion supporter did 40 years, to a club in 2023 with followers who live to hate.

https://theathletic.com/1892616/2020/06/27/burnley-man-city-banner-racism-dyche/
That is a little over the top. I just read the beginning of the story (as I don’t have a subscription) but it is about 2003, a time when Brighton fans were involved in disorder at Southend . Best steer clear of generalizations. We had a great chat with Burnley fans at one of the local pubs last time we went. It’s a decent away day in a beautiful area of the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here