Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Stand Cladding (again)

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Does kinda make sense - could see something like this going in there maybe:

a%3E

Which I admit looks crap in that picture, but in person I remember thinking it lent a San-Siro esque feel to that corner.

It looks great, and is a good use of otherwise dead space.

I think Fulham also have something similar.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
What about the gap in the middle on the right hand side of the East Stand (looking at that picture)?

The East is still unfinished - not sure if anything more will be done to that bit of it though - due to be handed over at the end of this month..

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The East is still unfinished - not sure if anything more will be done to that bit of it though - due to be handed over at the end of this month..

The "Gaps" in the East and South stand are visible on the Video at the season ticket presentation so i guess that is how it will stay untill/ if work starts on expansion of the capacity.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Does kinda make sense - could see something like this going in there maybe:

a%3E

Which I admit looks crap in that picture, but in person I remember thinking it lent a San-Siro esque feel to that corner.

Look at the space we are talking about, then look at this photo. This HAS to be what is planned. It just makes sense. :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Look at the space we are talking about, then look at this photo. This HAS to be what is planned. It just makes sense. :thumbsup:

I actually like that as much as I hate the way it currently looks.

Meanwhile stand by for some serious flack from visiting supporters when they see it :)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The corners are absolutely crying out to be developed like that corner at Derby, that would look ace. Just imagine it with corners filled like that and a second tier on the East. Wowzers! Art vs science is going on a tour soon and says he will ask about it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The corners are absolutely crying out to be developed like that corner at Derby, that would look ace. Just imagine it with corners filled like that and a second tier on the East. Wowzers! Art vs science is going on a tour soon and says he will ask about it.

Let's hope he doesn't ask the club's press officer.

Last edited:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
dont mind the corporate boxes going in, but maybe not the best idea to have them over the away end? shame

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
They've got something similar at Barnsley with a big inside and outside option for disabled support on the bottom level

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Is that where the hotel overlooks the pitch?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, no more cladding....but whats the REASON ?
They must have something planned construction-wise for those big f***-off holes in the South. I can't believe we've got maHOOsive gaps left like that for no apparent reason.

Its really BOTHERING me now, because its such an eyesore in an otherwise spectacular production.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Perhaps its something to do with the customising of the away end? So needs to be changed match by match?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I just do not understand this. £100 million on a stadium and it is left with ruddy great shithouse holes in it. Even if something is going there in the future then surely just whack some cheap cladding up for the time being until the next stage is ready to roll. Maybe it should not bother me as much but it REALLY does for some reason.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I just do not understand this. £100 million on a stadium and it is left with ruddy great shithouse holes in it. Even if something is going there in the future then surely just whack some cheap cladding up for the time being until the next stage is ready to roll. Maybe it should not bother me as much but it REALLY does for some reason.

very much THIS

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
dont mind the corporate boxes going in, but maybe not the best idea to have them over the away end? shame

Does seem an odd idea to put boxes in the away end, so I reckon it's not that, but have no idea why gaps would be left like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here