Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Soulless

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To be fair, Chelsea did have two songs, which was two more than Spurs and Arsenal put together, and they did cheer when they scored which was an improvement on Arsenal with their gentle clapping

Jan 30, 2008
I was completely taken aback by the the corporate soulless shit tip that is Chelsea fc. From the moment we got there the lack of passion was evident everywhere, none of the excitable buzz that you should feel around a football stadium just tourists everywhere photographing anything with a Chelsea badge on it. I've never seen so many helpful nicey nicey stewards ...one told me to " have a good game" did he know a fat fity odd year probably wouldn't even make the bench?
I asked a smart dressed doorman where the away turnstiles were , he looked at my blankly, I asked him again, he looked at me blankly, finally I said I was a Brighton fan and a he said " ahh a visitor!" then pointed me in the direction of yet more stewards to have my ticket checked about half a dozen times.
Did anyone else see the 1/2 & 1/2 scarves with Brighton/The Chels on them? THE CHELS? What shiny suited ****nut came up with that little gem ? I wouldn't buy one if I had hypothermia.
Inside the ground was just as bad, plastic fans sitting silently on plastic seats made no noise at all for 90% of the game , god knows how their players feel about playing in front of 40000 statues week in week out! Chelsea fans could do with a year or two in the championshipso they can begin to learn how to support their club properly.
All in all the whole Chelsea experience is something It at sums up everything wrong with the premier league....id rather be at Selhurst!!!!

it's always been a bit of a place, oh well that's modern football for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2jc_bbKxSU
regards
DR

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Must admit I prefer a hostile stadium than yesterday's opera house. You can't beat an edgy atmosphere

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I like SB as a stadium, it could be really intimidating, with the high steep stands, BUT, Chelsea fans would have to raise their game a couple of thousand percent, and actually make a noise.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Watched the game in NYC with some other Albion faithful surrounded by the usual plastic Chelsea fans wearing Yankee baseball caps - really sums those tossers up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't wait for Bushy to find this thread :clap2:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Chelsea's stadium has been stuffed with moneyed London and Surrey residents for 20 years now. Few of them have any real passion for football, but they love to be 'associated' with a club and go once every 5 or 10 games. Yesterday's experience was true to form.

The only positive for them was that the 80 minute exodus was nothing like the numbers that we've seen leaving early from The Emirates or Wembley.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was completely taken aback by the the corporate soulless shit tip that is Chelsea fc. From the moment we got there the lack of passion was evident everywhere, none of the excitable buzz that you should feel around a football stadium just tourists everywhere photographing anything with a Chelsea badge on it. I've never seen so many helpful nicey nicey stewards ...one told me to " have a good game" did he know a fat fity odd year probably wouldn't even make the bench?
I asked a smart dressed doorman where the away turnstiles were , he looked at my blankly, I asked him again, he looked at me blankly, finally I said I was a Brighton fan and a he said " ahh a visitor!" then pointed me in the direction of yet more stewards to have my ticket checked about half a dozen times.
Did anyone else see the 1/2 & 1/2 scarves with Brighton/The Chels on them? THE CHELS? What shiny suited ****nut came up with that little gem ? I wouldn't buy one if I had hypothermia.
Inside the ground was just as bad, plastic fans sitting silently on plastic seats made no noise at all for 90% of the game , god knows how their players feel about playing in front of 40000 statues week in week out! Chelsea fans could do with a year or two in the championshipso they can begin to learn how to support their club properly.
All in all the whole Chelsea experience is something It at sums up everything wrong with the premier league....id rather be at Selhurst!!!!

I answered @Mr Bridger, yesterday after they questioned why I called Chelsea plastic.
You've eloquently confirmed this too.
A lad I work with, used to be on the security with Abramovich, years ago, and always talks about the clientele that the club attracts.
Corporate day strippers to London, experiencing the Kings Rd with a PL game thrown in for good measure.
It's all about money and who you know!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I answered @Mr Bridger, yesterday after they questioned why I called Chelsea plastic.
You've eloquently confirmed this too.
A lad I work with, used to be on the security with Abramovich, years ago, and always talks about the clientele that the club attracts.
Corporate day strippers to London, experiencing the Kings Rd with a PL game thrown in for good measure.
It's all about money and who you know!

At 5pm yesterday when I got back on the crawling coach I text several friends saying that the Bridge was a soulless - corporate - dump.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was expecting a soulless experience however what I wasn't expecting was a restricted view in the lower tier I could only see all the pitch as long as everyone in front of me were sitting , and I'll never know whether the stadium had upper tiers as I didn't see them !!!

Likewise.

Luckily, it just needed the back 4 rows to sit and we could see over those standing in the front section. It was just a few insisting on standing in the aisles that meant I couldn’t see the corner of the pitch where Schelotto saw the ball out for a corner.

If I’d had to stand, this would have been my view:

f924b768359bc557ba15c1ae48cac7b2.jpg

Seated, it was fairly acceptable:

1ac77d809c3c4eb39d3f79c1506a577d.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Corporate day strippers...

That'll be a change from the normal half-time entertainment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here