Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SOUL II - North Stand, Dec 21

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
meeting up on the North Stand concourse afterwards for a drink with some 1901 oiks, so if I cant get in to Dicks afterwards, hope you all have a good time

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The acoustics in the North Stand are AWFUL, and will be better in Dick's. That's not why we've moved though.

We can still get a reasonably hefty number in Dick's - about the same amount as who came along for the last one in the concourse.

But the difference is that it would have been great in the North, like last time, but will be shite in Dicks. Well perhaps that's a bit harsh, but I definitely would have stayed behind if it'd been in the North, but won't bother with Dicks. I realise it's not all about me (ish), but I can't be the only one. Reverse the decision, TLO. You can do it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But the difference is that it would have been great in the North, like last time, but will be shite in Dicks. Well perhaps that's a bit harsh, but I definitely would have stayed behind if it'd been in the North, but won't bother with Dicks. I realise it's not all about me (ish), but I can't be the only one. Reverse the decision, TLO. You can do it.

Notwithstanding the decor, why will it be shit in Dick's?

It's warm, the acoustics are better, and we'll get some lights up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will the twerk be one of the moves ?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Notwithstanding the decor, why will it be shit in Dick's?

It's warm, the acoustics are better, and we'll get some lights up.

A major part of the enjoyment of the last one for me was the underground/warehouse atmosphere and feel the concourse offered - cold, concrete, nowhere to sit forcing people into some frankly appalling dancing. To have a disco underneath a football stand was pretty unique and that was half the fun. Plus the number of access points for beer meant it was easy to get served quickly compared to what it is like in Dicks.

Can't help but feel it just won't be the same in what basically amounts to an airport lounge or canteen.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The acoustics in the North Stand are AWFUL, and will be better in Dick's. That's not why we've moved though.

We can still get a reasonably hefty number in Dick's - about the same amount as who came along for the last one in the concourse.

Just seen this and TBH I'm with Commander. I normally meet with mates in the West Lower after games but have a few mates from the Goldstone days in the North plus a few others I'd like to say hello to. My plan was, much as it was after Wolves, to have a quick one in the West and a couple of long ones in the North. The chances of me co-ordinating two sets of people to queue up in the rain to get in to what is pretty much a strip lighted concession are zero.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Jesus.

No-one is sticking a gun to anyone's head to turn up. We've chosen to move it to Dick's Bar to make sure we did... something; the alternative choice being not to do it at all.

I'm tempted to suggest to Dan we don't do this now. We've got another do to DJ later in the evening.

Underwhelming venue and the frankly ludicrous decision to have a party four days before Christmas with no Xmas music. No thanks

So you know why the decision was made? No, didn't think so. So your post doesn't really mean anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here