Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SOUL II - North Stand, Dec 21

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mmmmmm....is the bar big enough in dicks for the rest of us ruffians? Can you buy drinks on north stand concourse and bring them in?

Why have they switched it! It was great last time as there was plenty of room and you could get to the bars? Please don't tell me someone has thrown the health and safety card around

My guess was not H&S, but cost. Dick's is staffed already, presumably, so doesn't require anything extra. The NS concourse staying open later than is normal would require extra staffing or staffing for longer than is normally the case.

But I'm only guessing - I'm sure Al will furnish us with full details of the reason(s) behind the change.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Would like to know the thinking behind the decision. North concourse is the obvious venue. Dicks is the last place I want to go post match. Think I'll now give this a miss.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Would have stayed in the North, won't go to Dicks. Assume that's the case for about 50%. Hey ho.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
That's the end of that then, massive queues to get in to a limited number venue
North stand concourse for a few beers it is then in complete silence with all the NSC chums I was meeting up with for the end of year Xmas disco , your round LAMIE
What a shame

:cry::annoyed::angry::drink::)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Massive disappointment, may stick around but not going to queue up for ages to get into an average canteen style bar

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Massive disappointment, may stick around but not going to queue up for ages to get into an average canteen style bar

Same. Won't be joining the long queue to get in, or the three-deep scrum at the bar, will just have a beer on the North concourse instead til the stewards kettle us out. East Stand Brasserie would have been a WAY more punter-friendly venue, for all sorts of reasons. Oh well.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Same. Won't be joining the long queue to get in, or the three-deep scrum at the bar, will just have a beer on the North concourse instead til the stewards kettle us out. East Stand Brasserie would have been a WAY more punter-friendly venue, for all sorts of reasons. Oh well.

East Stand Brasserie bar has a capacity of under 200.

We can't use the concourse due to lighting issues.

Dick's will be busy but so what? Any popular venue is.

There will be a decent selection of ales.

We'll do it again in the concourse at the end of the season...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Glitterball2.jpg

Only a few days to go...

(Yes, I know there's a missing apostrophe)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why is that so important?

It's hardly important, but I for one would be interested to know why you have moved upstairs. Under the north stand is a much better location in my mind so I'm curious why there is a change. And not wanting to blow smoke up your arse but you do play some great tunes and get a party going....so it's a shame fewer people will get to hear them. That said there will be less of a burden on new year NHS hip-replacements I guess.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It's hardly important, but I for one would be interested to know why you have moved upstairs. Under the north stand is a much better location in my mind so I'm curious why there is a change. And not wanting to blow smoke up your arse but you do play some great tunes and get a party going....so it's a shame fewer people will get to hear them. That said there will be less of a burden on new year NHS hip-replacements I guess.

It's already been explained, lighting issues on the concourse

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

The acoustics in the North Stand are AWFUL, and will be better in Dick's. That's not why we've moved though.

We can still get a reasonably hefty number in Dick's - about the same amount as who came along for the last one in the concourse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here