Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sort the catering out please. its farcical

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought everything was a bit slicker yesterday. Left at half-time and got my son's hot dog within four minutes - the bloke serving seemed to be very efficient. Mind you, the bloke behind me was moaning that the woman serving him had asked if he wanted milk in his Bovril, so they obviously weren't all of the same standard

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Very slick yesterday for me. Lovely Harveys and Special Pie at half time in E3. Small queues, no rush, all goood.

paul-brighton

Jun 12, 2011
Sompting
We had bucket loads of Twixes. Surely there is a simple catering matrix that would align my Malteser needs with my lounge and your Twix one with your lounge. If we can afford to pay Chris O'Grady £13 000 a week then surely we can afford some basic chocolate technology. Barber out!
sounds to me as if a little amount of 'fan' inspiration could see teasers and snixes being exchanged between lounges like hand grenades (at least there would be something interesting to watch)!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Have the caterers stop doing chicken pies, not the Balti ones. WE couldn't seem to get one in the 1901 as has been the case this season. We want to spend money but the can't. I suppose I could always join the 'friends of the Albion' networking club for £13 a week. I could also bring clients to matches, which was a commercial decision on my part, but currently no one wants to come along currently, that accounts for three empty seats next to us yesterday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another negative thread, I bet none of this would have happened if we had won.

So to recap - performance, strikers, manager, the way fans dress and catering

What will be next negative ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don't get to the Amex very often but I do get to a fair number of grounds up North. The moaning I see here is truly unbelievable.

It's football you c#()#s. Most grounds you're lucky to get a beer at half time without missing the start of the second half and you're complaining about how many bars are serving after the match.......

Wow.

Maybe you've been spoilt and/or maybe you've forgotten what going to a football match is usually like when you DON'T go to the Amex.

WSU Block A

Mar 17, 2011
West Blatchington
WSU A BLOCK end was a nightmare before, during and after. Only ever had tills open before the game. Massive queues right up till kick off. You couldn't spend your money if you wanted too. Piles of pies and burgers left unsold because you couldn't get anywhere near to buy one. Half time was the same a total waste of time. Full time all the shutters were down. a total shambles, a PR disaster and a massive own goal :rant:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Fair enough. It's obviously gone massively downhill since last season if that's the case?

Never bought any food or drink at The Goldstone in 20 years, never bought anything at Withdean, I bought pies and LOTS of beer for the first season or two, now I buy nothing, I'm back to where I was in 1985. (When I was old enough to drink) a lot better off and certainly enjoying my first post match pint back at pub (out of a glass, cheaper price) a lot more. I've got a drink problem but I'm not queuing like a Russian waiting for some bread for a £4 pint in a paper cup

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There isn't much to debate here. The reason for the problems is that the club has screwed the caterers to the floor on price. If you pay peanuts you don't necessarily get monkeys but you do get a supplier who trims his overheads to the bone and provides the minimum service he can get away with.

The responsibility is Paul Barber's and people can decide whether the issue represents a tick in his credit or his debit column.

there isn't much to debate here. The reason for the problems is that the club has screwed the caterers to the floor on price. If you pay peanuts you don't necessarily get monkeys but you do get a supplier who trims his overheads to the bone and provides the minimum service he can get away with.

The responsibility is paul barber's and people can decide whether the issue represents a tick in his credit or his debit column.

i would imagine the caterers are making more than the albion????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here