Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Song titles or lyrics that are palpably untrue.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars

Sorry got to stop you there Frank.

First off, NASA is funded by taxpayers money. It has a mandate to increase human awareness of the cosmos, the wonders that envelop this green and blue orb we inhabit. To push the boundaries of Mankind, to take the human race to its furthest limits.

It does NOT have a mandate to pack up a middle aged crooner in a multi million dollar space vehicle and fly him to the moon. What qualifications do you have exactly? And even if you were flown to the moon I think it would have been a gross waste of peoples hard earned money simply letting you "play amongst the stars". If you're going to the moon, you're going to work son. You're mafia friends won't help you up there.

What's spring like on Jupiter and Mars? What do you think you twat? There's no atmosphere for Gods sake! It's either dark and cold or light and hot. That's it. There's no f***ing trees growing new leaves and a slight increase in temperature. Jupiter's made of f***ing GAS anyway you TIT.

Spanner.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Physicists and fans of time-travelling might want to investigate monotoned lardarse Karen Carpenter.

Unless she was the pioneer of time travel I don't think there's much of a chance of it being yesterday once more.

Upon reflection perhaps under-nourishment was a symptom of excessive travel through the time-space continuum, or maybe that was caused by paranoia brought on by seeing birds all the f***ing time.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Runaway Train - Soul Asylum

I do have to stop you there Mr Greasy Haired Badger who was once shafting the lovely Winona Ryder. Trains can not "Run Away" as they dont have legs but wheels that are fixed to a track so therefore "Rollaway Train" would've been much more appropriate.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
"Your Love, Lifting Me Higher
Than I've Ever Been Lifted Before"

Sorry I think you've dropped a bollock here Jackie. I've been in love before and it feels good, but i've also been in a fork lift truck and that lifted me a f*** sight higher than any bird saying "I love you".

Ya showboating twat.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Barnet Seagull said:
Physicists and fans of time-travelling might want to investigate monotoned lardarse Karen Carpenter.

Unless she was the pioneer of time travel I don't think there's much of a chance of it being yesterday once more.

Likewise Dusty Springfield, who thought she was going back to the days when she was young enough to know the truth. Unless she had found, whilst writing, that she was suffering from some sort of degenerative regressive aging disorder, in which case she has my deepest sympathies.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Unless Lionel Ritchie was in space, or in some other gravity free environment, can someone explain exactly how he was "Dancing on the ceiling"

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
pasty said:
Unless Lionel Ritchie was in space, or in some other gravity free environment, can someone explain exactly how he was "Dancing on the ceiling"

He could have had his feet strapped and/or glued to the surface, but this would most likely severly inhibit his abilites to dance in a suitably groovy fashion. In which case, he would be more accurately described as "moving in a rhythmic fashion on the ceiling". Not nearly the same thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't think that Donovan was even close with this prediction......... on 2nd thoughts, thinking laterally maybe he was :lol:

Electrical banana
Is gonna be a sudden craze
Electrical banana
Is bound to be the very next phase

Last edited:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Did Europe ever back up their claim that they received a warm welcome upon their arrival on the planet Venus.

In verse one of their 80's rock anthem Final Countdown they seemed surprisingly sure of a meet and greet scenario on touch down.

Was their subsequent disappearance from the music scene due in any way to their bold claims being somewhat unfounded??

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Rose Royce told me that at the car wash if you fill up you don't have to pay. The judge didn't agree.

Stendahl

May 5, 2004
There won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time - why not ?

Has Mount Kilimanjaro decided to travel to Europe or Asia over the festive period then ?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
"Do they know it's Christmas", marvellous stuff, all done in the name of charity and kind warm feelings, then Bono comes out with,

"Well, tonight thank God it's them instead of you."

Oh yeah, very charitable mate. I'll say that next tiome I see someone collecting money for some disabled charity, as they sit there in their chair holding a pot, I'll drop money in while saying "Thank God it's you and not me eh."

:nono:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Digweeds Trousers said:
Did Europe ever back up their claim that they received a warm welcome upon their arrival on the planet Venus.

In verse one of their 80's rock anthem Final Countdown they seemed surprisingly sure of a meet and greet scenario on touch down.

Was their subsequent disappearance from the music scene due in any way to their bold claims being somewhat unfounded??

Seeing as Venus is approximately 25 million miles from earth, I'm assuming, they're still on their way. Chances are they'll die before they get there.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Greend Days lyric "Do you have the tiem to listen to me whine?"

Well sorry but NO Mr Billy Joe I do NOT have the time to listen to you whine, its bad enough being logged on to NSC all day!

YES :clap2:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Crystal Palace, "By far the greatest team the world has ever seen"!?

You are HAVING A LAUGH.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms said:
Isn't it Ironic by Alan Morris, in which she lists a load of things which are unfortunate (rain on your wedding day, a free ride you've already paid for, good advice you didn't take etc) but certainly aren't ironic, thus proving that people across the pond don't understand what irony actually is.

Then she wails 'Isn't it ironic, don't you think?' No I don't Alanis, you horse-faced old boot.

Writing a song about irony and getting the definition of irony wrong, is ironic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here