Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Song titles or lyrics that are palpably untrue.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Elton John tells us that Princess Diana lived her life like a candle in the wind.
What a crock of shit that is. How many candles have you seen putting on £2,000 Armani Jeans before making self sacrificing trips to Somalia to talk to some poor people? Has a candle ever blubbed like a baby outside the Taj Mahal? Nope. And how many candles have you met that have sons who look like James Hewitt?

What a load of shit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In Rebel Yell, Billy Idol claims that "last night a little angel came pumping on my floor". This requires us to make a leap of faith in accepting that a holy messenger from God visited the leather-clad hobbling bi-sexual rocker one night and, without further prompting, performed some kind of bizarre pumping ritual in his house. Dubious, to say the least.

Further to that, Idol then goes on: "she said come on baby, I got a licence for love. And if it expires, pray Hell from above". Even before you consider the appalling grammar, I am at something of a loss as to understand why you would need a licence for love, where you could get one (I certainly didn't see any forms at the Post Office), how much it costs, and whether or not it needs prior approval from the relevent district authorities. And for a messenger of the Lord to suggest we pray for Hell from above - well, I think that highly unlikely and bordering on blasphemy.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The Beatles.

After extensive research I can reveal that NONE of the fab four were in fact the 'Egg man' or indeed a 'Walrus'.

The only shred of evidence I can find to back up these claims was found during an interview by Time magizine with Sir Paul McCartney back in '78. When asked about his favourite type of food, he did indeed reply, "Oh I'm easy really...bit of an Egg man if you were to push it, but I'd eat anything."

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
" You can't hurry love" warbled 80's slaphead drummer cum MOR singer Phil Collins. Well I can as I suffer from Premature Ejaculation, so there/

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Queen reckoned it's a hard life. Not today it isn't - I've done all of an hour at Uni, then gone to get my hair cut and come home to watch TV and eat noodles. Bloody easy, actually.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Lionel Richie coos to his loved one that she is:

Once, twice, three times a lady.

Nonsensical as we all know. How can she be three times a lady let alone twice?

Or is it?

Having seen the mental and physical state of his ex-wife it is entirely possible that she has on more than one occasion been spruced up in a laboratory.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"I heard it on the grapevine"

Frankly I just don't believe you, Mr Gaye. I pressed my ear hard up next to some grapes in a vinyard when I was on holiday in France, fully expecting to hear the half time Albion score - and all I got was a wind-whistling sound, an ear full of grape juice and a bird crapping on my shoulder. I think I'll stick to my WAP phone in future.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
El Presidente said:
" You can't hurry love" warbled 80's slaphead drummer cum MOR singer Phil Collins. Well I can as I suffer from Premature Ejaculation, so there/
Class.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
El Presidente said:

So when Emma Bunton sang "what took you so long" it wasn't after sleeping with you then

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
And as for Paul McCartney's guitar gently weeping, that's just silly. Guitars are not sentient beings, and as such have no strong emotions either way. Also, no tear glands.

I reckon it's much more likely that someone split their water down it, and it only looked like it was crying. He should have done more research, rather than rushing in and writing a song about it.

Last edited:

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
I looked to the sky
Where an elephant's eye
Was looking at me
From a bubblegum tree
And all that I knew
The hole in my shoe
Was letting in water (letting in water)

I walked through a field
That just wasnt real
Where 100 tin soldiers
Would shoot at my shoulder
And all that I knew
The hole in my shoe

(I climbed on the back of a giant albatross
Which flew through a crack in the cloud
To a place where happiness reigned all year round
Where music played ever so loudly)

I started to fall
And suddenly woke
And the dew on the grass
It stuck to my coat
And all that I knew
The hole in my shoe

Oh God, where do you start?
:nono: :nono: :nono:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

How come I put my back out trying to lift my fat bastard of a brother then?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Simster said:
"I heard it on the grapevine"

Frankly I just don't believe you, Mr Gaye. I pressed my ear hard up next to some grapes in a vinyard when I was on holiday in France, fully expecting to hear the half time Albion score - and all I got was a wind-whistling sound, an ear full of grape juice and a bird crapping on my shoulder. I think I'll stick to my WAP phone in future.
:lolol: Marvellous.

I think this thread has "GOLD" written all over it. I've been pissing meself at some of these.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Much as I love Joe Strummer and The Clash - it is plainly evident that you can, in fact, be happy WITHOUT a Tommy gun.

Dur!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Dire Straits!

Money for nothing and your chicks for free?

I do not think so. Money is earnt or given as a gesture of good will, it certainly isn't nothing. Oh and as for 'chicks for free' - Money is exchanged for goods. If the goods are chicks, then you would with legal tender and leave with a chick. However, this would mean that the chicks are not free.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Simster said:
Elton John tells us that Princess Diana lived her life like a candle in the wind.
What a crock of shit that is. How many candles have you seen putting on £2,000 Armani Jeans before making self sacrificing trips to Somalia to talk to some poor people? Has a candle ever blubbed like a baby outside the Taj Mahal? Nope. And how many candles have you met that have sons who look like James Hewitt?

What a load of shit.

You miss the point. The song was originally intended for a blond egotistical maniac with delusions of her own self importance who shagged anything that moved and died in what some simple minded people beleive to be mysterious circumstances.
oh, hang on.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
"God save the Queen, she ain't no human being" snarled Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols in 1977. This is not true, the queen may have a face that resembles a baboon's haemmorhoids, mainly due to inbreeding amongst European royalty for the last 300 years or so, but her DNA is still 100% homo sapiens (and Edward's is 100% homosexual, but at least Sophie will not have to worry about him running off with another woman).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here