surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Theres a place on Broadwater Road in Worthing, but I'm buggered if I know what it's called?!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The Hobby Box in uckfield is a good independent shop. I believe they've just moved to a bigger premises at the top of the high street.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
NSC: I knew you wouldn't let me down :thumbsup:

Goldston Wrap

Dec 31, 2013
Hove
One for the closet geeks here. Where in Brighton (or West/ maybe the western side of East Sussex) can one find a shop that sells Airfix or Revell models, like aircraft or warships, that kind of thing. The ones you glue together & paint. If that's your bag.

There used to be a Modelzone on West St/Cranbourne St in Brighton but I think the company folded. I can't see Toys R Us having much of a range- or am I wrong?

Anyone assist with knowledge of a local shop that has a decent range of this sort of thing?

Try 'LSA Model's' 151 Sackville Rd, Hove, East Sussex. Tel 01273 705420. Email www.lsamodels.co.uk
They do all the stuff you're looking for. Hope this helps and good luck with your geeky quest!...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Try 'LSA Model's' 151 Sackville Rd, Hove, East Sussex. Tel 01273 705420. Email www.lsamodels.co.uk
They do all the stuff you're looking for. Hope this helps and good luck with your geeky quest!...

I'm on it, thanks. Is the nearest of the options suggested so far, though I have no idea how easy it'll be to park. If that fails, I'll head west to what is clearly the modellers ghetto of Lancing-Worthing :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm on it, thanks. Is the nearest of the options suggested so far, though I have no idea how easy it'll be to park. If that fails, I'll head west to what is clearly the modellers ghetto of Lancing-Worthing :)

If there's no street parking right outside, it would be quicker to park in Tescos and enjoy the STROLL than to slog over to Worthing!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sussex Model Centre, Broadwater Road Worthing. Was taken in there last year by someone getting something for her son, and it was like being 12 again, but so much more available than when I was young. They have all the model kits, remote controlled cars etc., model planes. Doesn't interest me these days, but if that's your bag, they're probably got it.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

Loads of on street parking but you may have to pay the meter. Otherwise there's a DFS car park a short walk away. Used to be a football ground I do believe;)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex Model Centre, Broadwater Road Worthing. Was taken in there last year by someone getting something for her son, and it was like being 12 again, but so much more available than when I was young. They have all the model kits, remote controlled cars etc., model planes. Doesn't interest me these days, but if that's your bag, they're probably got it.

None of it's my bag, hence the question, but the suggested options all look good to me, so, thanks.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Just finished a diorama with a 1960s Mini Cooper set in the Monte Carlo rally era
Everything handmade and airbrushed, just bought the kit for the car

2gtq4bs.jpg

icstbt.jpg

2hf1ert.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just finished a diorama with a 1960s Mini Cooper set in the Monte Carlo rally era
Everything handmade and airbrushed, just bought the kit for the car

2gtq4bs.jpg

icstbt.jpg

2hf1ert.jpg

GEEEEK. Geeeeeeeeeek. Burn him!

(It's very good, btw)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here