Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Something America is really good at

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Ah anti american racism again .... insert "african" where it says american .... nah didnt think you could. Funny that racisms acceptable to liberals..... as long as the victims are white ie America Israel and Russia!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Knocky 1 Yes...The true American was the native Indian tribes...until the inflow of the European and African races...who in turn had families who became Americans... so therefore it's racist . Xenophobia is a fear of all things foreign...racist is against a particular race. On your theory of Americans not being a race...with our history...does that not make us a race either...?

I remember visiting Nashville with Mrs. P. many years ago and strolling around the City/Town. We came across signs for the "Nashville Historic Business District" and spent a while wondering where it was whilst wandering around some 50's and 60's style office buildings before realising that they were it! On the same holiday we did a walking tour of parts of New Orleans (which actually has history and old buildings). It was an all Brit. tour and the guide acknowledged at the start that the USA couldn't really compare to Europe when it came to history.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Knocky 1 Yes...The true American was the native Indian tribes...until the inflow of the European and African races...who in turn had families who became Americans... so therefore it's racist . Xenophobia is a fear of all things foreign...racist is against a particular race. On your theory of Americans not being a race...with our history...does that not make us a race either...?

seagullonthewing Yes. There is not a British race for certain. There is not an English race either. I agree Xenophobia is not the word I want. Americaphobe, got it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
seagullonthewing Yes. There is not a British race for certain. There is not an English race either. I agree Xenophobia is not the word I want. Americaphobe, got it.
It has been said that the true Englishman was a coward and run to Wales when the Romans came....thus the Welsh are the true English....C'mon you Swans....

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
It's just you. In my travels around the globe the Irish seemed to be universally well liked by all.

I've have to say it isn't just him, I know plenty of people who find the bog trotter love in all very tiresome. The fact St Patricks day is celebrated more in this country than St George's day ought to be a cause for national embarrassment but no everyone dons green, ginger wigs and silly hats and drones on and on about the 'craic', bore off you bunch of spud munchers.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I've have to say it isn't just him, I know plenty of people who find the bog trotter love in all very tiresome. The fact St Patricks day is celebrated more in this country than St George's day ought to be a cause for national embarrassment but no everyone dons green, ginger wigs and silly hats and drones on and on about the 'craic', bore off you bunch of spud munchers.

The problem with celebrating St. George's day is that it tends to get hijacked by the EDL, & such other organisations that want to persuade immigrants to leave our shores, rather than being a celebration of the English culture.

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Reminds me of LA Story when Steve Martin is showing Victoria Tennant around LA, driving down a street and commenting that "Some of these houses are over 40 years old!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here