Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(Some people in) Brighton - taking itself a bit too seriously?

el punal

All this fall-out from the General Election is all rather entertaining. I think the idea of an independent Brighton and Hove state is quite sweet. I will contact Tony Bloom and Paul Barber and ask them if they would allow a dedicated area within the Amex for their supporters. I suggest the South East corner, next to the away fans, and it could be called the Republican Quarter. Maybe the club could provide clackers as well.

For those of you lacking any sense of humour this post is purely tongue in cheek, so please do not fret on my account. Power to the people n'all that! :drink:

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
No it doesn't forget but there is some very clear statistical information that points to the eastern annexe ( not real brighton) having swayed that vote.

At least they didnt sully the local elections (albeit rottingdean coastal went blue, and this time did literally elect an empty suit with a blue rosette when a 20 year old law student who hardly set foot in the ward if he could avoid it) got in

Joe Miller worked as hard as anyone to get elected, why do you suggest otherwise?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Conveniently ignoring that 1/3 of the city's MPs are Tory and, across the 3 seats, over 50,000 people in the city voted Conservative.

https://www.change.org/p/david-came...ign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-no_msg

The people of Brighton & Hove are so at odds with your Government's policies towards the sick & the vulnerable, to the arts and the environment, and to education and the NHS, we feel it is no longer tenable for us to remain apart of your 'United' Kingdom. That is to say, we are NOT united. Unlike your Government, we care about people, we don't want people starving and begging on our streets so that you can go and bomb people in other countries, mostly at the behest of the United States.

We don't want you taking money from poor families so that you can give tax breaks to the wealthy. We don't want to have to donate food to the ever increasing number of food banks, to pay for banking 'misdemeanours'.

We are frankly sick to death, quite literally in some cases, of your mealy-mouthed and empty promises. It is now very clear what you want, and it isn't us! Please release us from your tyranny so that we may continue our lives in peace, free to express ourselves in the arts and music without having to feel guilty that we are bombing people for their oil. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

The people of Brighton & Hove

Don't worry about it, it's just a few thousand people who feel they have been marginalised by Tory policies taking advantage of a loophole in democracy called Free Speech ( soon to be tidied up by the Tories reform of The Human Rights Act ), go back to your Champagne and don't be a bad winner.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No it doesn't forget but there is some very clear statistical information that points to the eastern annexe ( not real brighton) having swayed that vote.

At least they didnt sully the local elections (albeit rottingdean coastal went blue, and this time did literally elect an empty suit with a blue rosette when a 20 year old law student who hardly set foot in the ward if he could avoid it) got in

Oh, I read in NSC that all the students voted Green...

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Somewhat high handed to be signing on behalf of the people of Brighton and Hove, but people with opinions are often like that in Brighton.....arses up their own and stuck come to mind.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The writer is completely entitled to express their views but to sign it on behalf of the people of an entire city is incredibly arrogant to put it mildly.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Joe Miller worked as hard as anyone to get elected, why do you suggest otherwise?

He was too preoccupied with getting Simon kirby elected. He was in peacehaven and woodingdean but hardly seen in saltdean, rottingdean, marina Sussex square or Ovingdean. Not putting effort in for his own election in my view. To be fair, rottingdean coastal is a solid blue seat so probably not needing of effort. Also his tweets look like tory boy from harry Enfield let loose on social media.

I may be wrong but it's how he comes across

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Conveniently ignoring that 1/3 of the city's MPs are Tory and, across the 3 seats, over 50,000 people in the city voted Conservative.

1/3, 50k....minority.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Fortunately I have never lived in Brighton or Hove and have no expectation or desire to live there in the future (ever).

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Agreed. I always feel that anyone who resorts to persistently altering the name of whatever it is their ire is aimed at, comes across as a bit of a bell. He seems very pleased with himself over this "*****ervatives" jibe he has concocted doesn't he.

What a complete cockwomble.

**** off, Cunty 10!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Are these threads criticising anyone who criticising the Torys becoming the post election UKIP threads? ONe seems to pop up every day.

The Torys won the election and now no-one is allowed to speak out against them.

#NorthStandKorea

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I'm not taking it too seriously honest!

medium_7340412.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here